Enhance the quality of life in the City by delivering public services in a knowledgeable, responsive and financially responsible manner.
Orlando, Florida, the City Beautiful, is the economic center of Central Florida. Residents enjoy extensive parks, temperate weather, diverse business and neighborhood districts, major league sports teams and a rich cultural climate. Orlando’s Economy and jobs market continues to thrive as a result of public venues and SunRail construction, Downtown redevelopment, Main Street business districts, an expanding computer simulation and technology industry and the new Lake Nona Medical City. Visitors from across the world travel to Orlando to enjoy the many theme parks, entertainment and sports venues, Downtown Orlando and the City’s distinctive neighborhoods.
- Fifth Largest City in Florida
- Sixth Largest Metropolitan Area in the Southeast
- Land area: 111.2 square miles
- Population: 245,402 (2012)
- Greater Orlando Metropolitan Area: 2.2 million
- Incorporated: 1875
- Form of government: Mayor/Commissioner
- Major Industries: Life sciences, modeling, simulation and training
- Sports: Orlando Magic NBA basketball team, Orlando City Soccer Club MLS 2015 expansion team, Orlando Solar Bears ECHL hockey team, Orlando Predators AFL arena football team
- Collegiate Sports: Capital One Bowl (BCS), Russell Athletic Bowl, Florida Classic, NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship rounds and the University of Central Florida Athletics
- Major Public Works Projects: Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, Florida Citrus Bowl Expansion, SunRail, Major League Soccer stadium
Learn about Orlando’s rich history, dating back to the 1800, from Don Price who leads the Moonlight Walking Tours at the Greenwood Cemetery. Learn more at: greenwood-cemetery.net
- Spanish -