The job of our government is to serve our
residents and visitors in the most efficient and effective way possible.
It's a job full of challenge and it means that our
employees are the most valuable asset we have. That's why we're
constantly working on new projects that help our employees reach their
peak level of performance.
With on-the-job training, seminars, educational assistance and
performance appraisal, we're bringing out the best in our employees so
that they can meet the challenge
of improving the City beautiful.
We invite you to look at the benefits the
City of Orlando has to offer. We think you'll find that the rewards of
the job are equal to the challenge.
Employees are paid on a
weekly or bi-weekly basis.
Normal work week is
forty (40) hours.
- Twelve holidays (including 3
- Earned weekly, according to years of
0 - 4 years = 136 hours per year
4 - 9 years = 152 hours per year
9 - 15 years = 176 hours per year
15 - 24 years = 196 hours per year
24+ years = 216 hours per year
PERSONAL LEAVE BUY
- Employee must maintain a minimum
balance of 100 hours,
but may buy down up to 80 hours per year.
OTHER TYPES OF LEAVE
- Bereavement leave for death in
- Military leave for reserve units
active duty in Armed Forces.
- Judicial leave for jury duty.
- Family & Medical leave.
GROUP MEDICAL & LIFE
- Flexible plan. You pick the type of
coverage from a variety of options. Medical and life insurance
effective on the first day of the month following 90 days of
- Medical insurance coverage available
- HMO and POS plans available.
- Group dental.
- Pre-tax spending account for medical
and/or dependent care.
CONTRIBUTION RETIREMENT PLAN, SHORT AND LONG TERM DISABILITY PLAN
- Generous vesting schedule. Employee
begins vesting in employer’s contributions in only 3 years.
- City automatically contributes 7
percent of employee’s pensionable salary.
- Match Program up to 3 percent of
- Rollover options.
- Huge variety of investment options
and ability to change investment/beneficiary options anytime.
- Loan options.
- Long term disability may provide up
to two thirds income replacement.
- Short term disability provides 60
percent income replacement.
- Free short-term professional
counseling for employees and members of immediate household.
- All assistance remains confidential.
- Up to $1400 per FY (Oct. - Sept.)
for job related or self-improvement courses.
- Tuition, books, and required fees
- Professional development.
- Communication skills.
- Personal development.
- Computer training.
- Customized training.
- M.E.R.I.T.S. (My Efforts Result In
Total Service): Team, Individual, and
Outstanding Employee of the Year.
- Service Awards.
- Paid annually to permanent
- Must complete five years of service.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Occupational related physicals.
- Workstation ergonomic assessments.
- Health & safety training.
- OSHA certification courses.
- CPR & AED training.
OPTIONAL SAVINGS PLANS
- Deferred Compensation plan designed
to supplement retirement income.
- Employees eligible to join Orlando
Federal Credit Union.
- Wildside Café (first floor, City
Hall), breakfast & lunch served daily.
- Nature’s Table (second floor, CNL
Tower 1), breakfast & lunch served daily.
- Terrace Gallery (first floor, City
Hall), art exhibits yearly.
- Employees and dependents entitled to
draw from City’s account at Central Florida Blood Bank at no cost.
- Bank is maintained through employee
- Free or subsidized parking for
employees at or near work sites.
- Free health screenings.
- Free individual wellness
consultation and program development.
- Free wellness and exercise classes.
- Workout, weight training and locker
Apply in person or call:
City of Orlando
Human Resources Division
400 South Orange Avenue, Orlando, Florida 32802
Ph 407.246.2235 • TDD 407.246.2065 • Fax
For inquiries on available positions call
24 Hour Jobline: 407.246.2178