The selection criteria for Public Art Projects and pieces included in the Permanent Collection are based on a standard set of guidelines. The Criteria are created to ensure a lasting collection endearing to the diverse intellect of the Orlando community. The criteria are:
- Representation – Does the artwork represent a notion or idea valued by sectors of the community?
- Historical – Does the artwork have historical value?
- Impact – Does the artwork have emotional, inspirational or intellectual impact?
- Budgetary – The maintenance, installation, transportation and purchase price of the piece must be considered.
- Safety – Does the work meet safety standards?
- Technicality – Is the design technically feasible?
- Creativity – Is the design visionary and creative?
- Quality – Is the work of the highest quality?
The City of Orlando continues to expand its permanent art collection and to acquire additional major works. Learn more