The Office of Audit Services and Management Support (City Audit) performs independent, objective assurance and advisory activities designed to add value and improve the City’s operations. City Audit brings a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the City’s risk management, control and governance processes.
The fundamental objective of City Audit is to assist City managers to discharge their responsibilities effectively. This objective is met by providing City management with analyses, appraisals and recommendations concerning the activities reviewed.
City Audit is responsible for the following activities:
- An annual Audit Plan based on the risks and exposures facing City departments, programs and functions
- The assignment of staff or co-source partners to review the areas with the greatest exposure
- The review and appraisal of the functions and applications of accounting, financial and other operating controls and the promotion of effective controls at reasonable cost
- The determination of whether activities and programs are effective, efficient and serve the purpose intended by City Code and/or City Policies and Procedures
- The determination of the extent of management compliance with applicable laws and regulations and established policies, plans and procedures
- The determination of the extent to which City revenues are properly collected, accounted for and/or safeguarded from losses of all kinds
This post is also available in: Spanish