Downtown Orlando Transportation Advisory for Saturday, April 15, 2017
The City of Orlando is preparing to welcome thousands of patrons to Downtown Orlando on Saturday, April 15, to attend a day of exciting events.
As Central Floridians head to Downtown Orlando, the City wants to ensure the community has the most up-to-date information on road closures and parking options to assist attendees and travelers in the area to get to their location in the most efficient and convenient manner.
Travelers are encouraged to consider alternative modes of transportation including, LYMMO, bike share, car share and carpooling.
EVENTS ON THIS DAY INCLUDE:
- OPD Community BBQ (OPD Headquarters)
- Orlando Philharmonic: The Final Frontier (Bob Carr Theater)
- Orlando City Soccer Club Match (Orlando City Stadium)
- Ariana Grande (Amway Center)
RECOMMENDED ROUTES TO DOWNTOWN:
Event attendees are encouraged to plan their routes ahead of time and are encouraged to come Downtown early to allow plenty of time to enjoy the area.
With construction underway on I-4 and the 408, the City recommends the following routes if traveling into Downtown via highway:
Driving Directions from Interstate 4
Coming from the West on I-4:
Exit at Amelia Street (83A), take a right onto Amelia Street, then take a right onto Orange Avenue. Multiple City garages can be accessed on both the west and east side from Orange Avenue heading in this southbound direction.
Coming from the East on I-4:
Exit at Colonial (84), take a left onto Colonial, then a right onto Orange Avenue. Multiple City garages can be accessed from both the west and east side of Orange Avenue heading in this southbound direction.
Alternatively, after exiting at Colonial (84), proceed straight onto to Hughey. Multiple City garages can be accessed from both the west and east side of Hughey heading in this southbound direction.
Driving Directions from the 408
Coming from the East on 408:
Take the Rosalind Avenue exit (11A), turn left onto South Street, then right onto Rosalind Avenue. Multiple City garages can be accessed from both the west and east side of Rosalind Avenue heading in this northbound direction.
Coming from West on 408:
Take the Orange Avenue exit, (10C), turn right onto Orange Avenue which will become Rosalind Avenue. Multiple City garages can be accessed from both the west and east side of Rosalind Avenue heading in this northbound direction.
Parking at City garages can be purchased in advance, ensuring a reserved parking space and allowing travelers to plan their specific route.
- Purchase City of Orlando pre-event parking
- Purchase pre-event parking at Geico Garage
- parkIN’ app
Recommended Parking Locations for Each Event:
OPD Community BBQ, OPD Headquarters
Event takes place from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Parking will be available in the lots at the new OPD Headquarters (1250 W. South Street). Overflow parking will be on South Street and adjoining streets.
Orlando Philharmonic: The Final Frontier, Bob Carr Theater
Show time is 2:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Centroplex 1: 441 Ron Blocker Avenue
- Centroplex 2: 355 Alexander Place
Orlando City Soccer Club Match, Orlando City Stadium
The match will begin at 3:00 p.m.
- Orange Lot (ADA only): Located on the corner of South Terry Avenue and Central Boulevard
- Grove Park Lot: Located on Central Boulevard between South Terry Avenue and Division Avenue
- SunTrust Center Garage: 25 West South Street
- 55 West Garage: 60 West Pine Street
- Garland Avenue Lot: 109 West Pine Street
- Central Boulevard: 53 West Central Boulevard
- Wells Fargo Garage: 20 North Orange Avenue
- Jefferson Street Garage: 150 West Jefferson Street
Ariana Grande, Amway Center
Concert begins at 7:30 p.m.
- Geico Garage, 400 South Street
Detour signs will be clearly posted before and along detour routes.
Unless noted otherwise, all closures begin and end on April 15, 2017.
- Central Boulevard from Westmoreland Drive to Division Avenue
- Closed for construction
- Church Street between Division Avenue and Hughey Avenue
- Closure begins at 3 p.m. on April 14 and ends 12 a.m. on April 16
- Church Street from Westmoreland Drive to South Terry Avenue
- Road closure begins at 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Glenn Lane from Church Street to Central Boulevard
- Road closure begins at 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Church Street between Garland Avenue and Hughey Avenue
- Closure begins at noon and ends at midnight
- Church Street from South Terry Avenue to Division Avenue
- Closure begins at 12:30 p.m. until 6 p.m.
- West bound Central Boulevard from Hughey Avenue to Division Avenue
- Closure begins at 3 p.m. until 6 p.m.
- Pine Street from South Terry Avenue to Division Avenue
- Road closure begins at 5:30 p.m. until 1 hour post event
- Pine Street between Garland Avenue and Hughey Avenue
- Closure begins at 5:30 p.m. and ends at midnight
- Division Avenues between Anderson Street and Church Street
- Closure begins at 7:30 p.m. until 1 hour post event