On Tuesday, August 4, make plans to join your neighbors and celebrate National Night Out. An annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie, National Night Out helps make our neighborhoods safer, better places to live.
Several kickoff parties and other events are planned throughout the City prior to August 4.
Here are five benefits to hosting or attending a National Night Out Party:
- Meet and make connections with your neighbors. Creating a strong foundation will unify everyone and create a stronger community.
- Organize a Neighborhood Watch program to promote safety. Coordinating with other neighbors will allow responsibilities to be delegated among everyone to improve safety.
- Create a neighborhood social media group to stay connected. Being able to communicate on a wider scale helps the community stay connected, communicate efficiently and collaborate on any issues or concerns.
- Share different crime prevention and safety tips. Learning new safety precautions can better protect you and your family.
- Enjoy being out in the community with friends and neighbors. Relationships are important and create happiness in the place you live.