Warmer weather is here and so is the spring cleaning season. The City of Orlando’s Solid Waste Division can assist with the cleanup.
Approved yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves, branches and twigs but does not include landscape ties, fences or pressure treated wood. Furniture and other large household items such as refrigerators, stoves and dishwashers may be placed outside on your waste pickup day for collection. To avoid extra charges only put out one large item each week.
Spring Cleaning Tips
• When bundling larger items, twine or duct tape are some of the best materials to use.
• Yard waste that cannot be bundled and exceeds four cubic yards or weighs more than 40 pounds is considered a special pickup and may incur a charge.
• Yard waste should not be placed in the street, under low wires, or next to your garbage cart. It is also important not to place the piles on top of water meters, sprinklers or anything that could be damaged by Solid Waste equipment.
• Yard waste may not be placed inside the garbage or recycling cart. If yard waste is placed in a garbage or recycling cart, the cart will not be dumped until the yard waste is removed.
• Yard waste should be placed by the curb prior to 6 a.m. on the scheduled yard waste pickup day.