The Business Development Division works to recruit, retain and grow business in Orlando, create jobs for City residents and strengthen neighborhood commercial districts.
Our division seeks to:
- Create an entrepreneurial environment that caters to the new economy
- Market the City of Orlando’s services to external and internal customers
- Expand and diversify the City of Orlando economy
- Provide regional leadership to the Metro-Orlando community
- Implement local and state economic programs
These programs include:
- Orlando Main Streets
- Mayor’s Business Assistance Team
- Local incentive programs including the Business Assistance Program and Façade Program
- We also utilize several state economic development programs
In FY 2013/2014, the City approved incentive agreements with 61 businesses, which is expected to result in the creation of 1760 jobs and nearly $187 million in capital investment.
In addition, we work with several other economic development organizations, including the Orlando Economic Development Commission, Orlando, Inc. and the National Entrepreneur Center, to maximize our impact in the community.
For more information about the Business Development Division, please contact Lillian Scott-Payne at 407.246.3648.
This post is also available in: Spanish