The Business Development Division works to recruit, retain and grow business in Orlando, create jobs for City residents and strengthen neighborhood commercial districts.
Our division seeks to:
- Create an entrepreneurial environment that caters to the new economy
- Market the City of Orlando’s services to external and internal customers
- Expand and diversify the City of Orlando economy
- Provide regional leadership to the Metro-Orlando community
- Implement local and state economic programs
These programs include:
- Orlando Main Street
- Mayor’s Business Assistance Team
- Local incentive programs including the Business Assistance Program and Façade Program
- We also utilize several state economic development programs
In FY 2011/2012, the City approved incentive agreements with 66 businesses, which is expected to result in the creation of 2050 jobs and nearly $24 million in capital investment. Each dollar invested by the City expected to return $16 dollars in private capital investment.
In addition, we work with several other economic development organizations, including the Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission, Orlando, Inc. and the National Entrepreneur Center, to maximize our impact in the community.
For more information about the Business Development Division, please contact Tanya Wilder at 407.246.2126.
This post is also available in: Spanish