BROWNFIELD/ORLANDO ECONOMIC ENHANCEMENT DISTRICT
The Orlando Economic Enhancement District Program (OEED) is a State of Florida economic development tool encouraging redevelopment of properties by businesses and property owners. OEED is a brownfield designation and includes sites that have the perception of contamination or blight.
- Job creation bonus refund of up to $2,500 per job for QTI applicants
- Tax credit of 35% on voluntary cleanup costs (10% additional credit during the final year of cleanup)
- Low-interest loans for the purchase of liens, tax certificates or other claims
- Risk-Based Corrective Action principles
- Sales tax credit on building materials used for the construction of a residential or mixed use redevelopment project
- Up to five years of state loan guarantees of loan loss reserves
- Grants/loans available for cleanup
- The applicant must be located within the Orlando Economic Enhancement District boundary area.
- The applicant must not be responsible for the contamination or blight.
- The applicant must be expanding or redeveloping property.
View map of the Downtown Economic Enhancement District (OEED)
State of Florida Brownfield Program website: www.dep.state.fl.us/waste/categories/brownfields/
For more information, please contact the Business Development Division at 407.246.2821.