The Business Assistance Program (BAP) is a matching grant program designed to encourage small businesses to locate, expand, or redevelop in the City.
BAP provides matching funds to new and expanding businesses in the City to assist in off-setting development fees, including sewer and transportation impact fees, building permit fees, and all elements of public right-of-way infrastructure within the City’s jurisdiction that may require new installation, repair, replacement, or relocation.
Eligible improvements include, but are not limited to, street lighting and fire hydrant installation/relocation, sidewalk repairs; traffic signalization; water and sewer line construction, removal or relocation; curb, gutter, street improvements and landscaping.
The Economic Development Department administers and monitors the program, as well as determines eligibility of applicants.
The program requires eligible business owners to pay 50-percent of the fees assessed against the business, while the program fund pays the remaining 50-percent up to $20,000.
- Business must be located within city limits or locating to the City of Orlando.
- Applicants must be a new, for-profit business or an expanding, existing for-profit business in the City of Orlando. Business must be a small business as defined by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- Existing business owners must possess a current City of Orlando Business Tax Receipt. New business owners must obtain a City of Orlando Business Tax Receipt within 90 days of agreement execution.
- Applicants must obtain a building permit for all corresponding proposed work for which fees have been assessed. All work must meet the requirements of the Orlando City Code.
- All applications must be submitted prior to the issuance of building permits. No grants will be awarded retroactively.
- All applicants must be in compliance with applicable City departments.
For more information about the Business Assistance Program or a program application, please contact:
Kim C. King
Business Development Assistant Manager
This post is also available in: Spanish