The Enterprise Zone program was established in 1982 by the State of Florida to encourage the retention and expansion of businesses within designated areas. The Enterprise Zone is a geographic area that is eligible for tax incentives and other benefits. The goals of the Enterprise Zone are to stimulate the creation of new jobs and to enhance the social and economic well-being of affected neighborhoods.
- Jobs Tax Creation Incentives: Up to $2,000 per job annually
- Property Tax Exemption: Up to $50,000 earned credit on Florida income tax
- Machinery and Equipment Sales Tax Refund: Up to $10,000 per parcel
- Building Materials Sales Tax Refund: Up to $10,000 per parcel
- Community Contribution Tax Credit: Credit on contributions of cash, real property or other donations up to $200,000 per year, made to non-profit organizations located within the Enterprise Zone
- Eligible businesses must be located within the City of Orlando/Orange County Enterprise Zone boundaries.
- If more than 20% of a business’s employees reside in the Enterprise Zone, the company may earn higher tax credits and exemptions.
Enterprise Zone Incentives
- Jobs Tax Credit (Sales & Use Tax
- Sales Tax Refund for Business Machinery & Equipment
- Sales Tax Refund for Building Materials
- Jobs Tax Credit (Corporate Income Tax)
- Property Tax Credit (Corporate Income Tax)
- Community Contribution Tax Credit Program
Applications and Forms
- Building Materials Sales Tax Refund Application (Form EZ-M)
- Business Machinery and Equipment Sales Tax Refund Application (Form EZ-E)
- Corporate Income/Franchise and Emergency Excise Tax Return Instructions (Form F-1120N)
- Corporate Income/Franchise and Emergency Excise Tax Return (Form F-1120N)
- Jobs Credit Corporate Tax instructions (Form F-1156ZN)
- Jobs Credit Corporate Tax Application (Form F-1156Z)
- Job Credit Sales Tax Application (Form DR-15ZC)
- Job Credit Sales and Use Tax Return Instructions (Form DR-15N)
- Notice of New, Rebuilt or Expanded Property (Form DR-456)
- Property Tax Credit Application (Form DR-26S)
- Sales and Use Tax Refund Application (Form DR-26S)
- Community Contribution Tax Credit Application (Form 8E-17TCA#01)
- Proposed Sponsor Project Outline (Community Contribution Tax Credit)
For more information, please contact Business Development at 407.246.2821 or visit the Florida Enterprise Zone website at www.floridaenterprisezones.com.