The Non-Profit Impact Fee Assistance Program provides impact fee assistance to non-profit agencies, located within the City of Orlando, that undertake construction projects. Eligible costs include transportation and sewer impact fees that have been assessed by the City for the construction project.
- Provide proof of 501 (C)(3) status as authorized by the Internal Revenue Service
- Have been in operation for three or more years
- Be a human or social services agency
- Demonstrate financial hardship or lack of adequate outside funding for capital projects
- Have City residents as at least 25% of their clientele
- The following non-profit organizations are currently not eligible for impact fee assistance: hospitals, churches and religious institutions, day care centers, museums, civic clubs and United Arts agencies.
- Submit request to the Economic Development Department
- Application is taken to Orlando City Council for final approval
- Upon approval by Orlando City Council, funds are distributed
- Maximum fee assistance is 50% of impact fees assessed against the project up to $50,000
- Funding is available on a first come, first serve basis
For more information about the Not-for-profit Impact Fee Assistance Program, please contact:
Kim C. King
Business Development Assistant Manager