SMALL BUSINESS FACADE, SITE IMPROVEMENT AND ADAPTIVE REUSE PROGRAM
The Small Business Façade, Site Improvement and Adaptive Reuse Program (FSARP) is designed to revitalize business corridors and abandoned buildings within the City limits through funding for building façade, site improvements, and/or building reuse improvements (“Award”). The goal of the FSARP is to preserve our history, contribute to our economic vitality by promoting small business and to cultivate vibrant neighborhood business corridors. The FSARP is designed as a forgivable loan program. Awards made to properties will encourage reuse of vacant or underutilized properties, improve appearance, and support the long-term viability of the City. Over time, the taxable valuation of the improved properties will increase, thus increasing the amount of funds available to revitalize the City. For qualifying projects, the City of Orlando will provide a 10-year, 50% real property tax refund on the city portion of the new tax increment generated by the project.
- Buildings must be located within the City of Orlando limits. Small Business Façade, Site and Adaptive Reuse Improvement funding shall only be awarded for eligible properties that pay ad valorem taxes.
- Applicants must be a commercial property owner and/ or a new, for-profit business (tenant) moving into an existing site, or an existing for-profit business (tenant) in the City of Orlando.
- All business owner applicants must be a small business as defined by the U. S. Small Business Administration. http://www.sba.gov/content/small-business-size-standards
- All existing business owner applicants must possess a current City of Orlando Business Tax Receipt.
- All applicants must be current with state, and local taxes, and not have any outstanding tax liens imposed against any property.
- All applicants must propose a minimum of three (3) distinct improvements.
- All applicants (business and/ property owner) must not have outstanding code enforcement violations or liens (unless related to a change of use).
For more information about the Small Business Facade, Site Improvement and Adaptive Reuse Program or a program application, please contact:
Kim C. King-Maysonet
Business Development Assistant Manager