The City Planning Division’s mission is:
“To inspire and facilitate the development of a well-planned, diverse, and sustainable community to make Orlando more livable for its citizens, businesses, and visitors.”
~ City Planning Division Manager
Dean J. Grandin, Jr., AICP
Explore our website to find information about growth, zoning, special plans and projects, and more.
- City Planning Main Phone: 407.246.2269
- For more information, consult the Planning & Zoning Reference Guide (PDF), a 27-page document that goes into detail about zoning districts, Board procedures, and other frequently-asked questions.
- Use the Information Locator to look up your property. You can find out the zoning district and other parcel information.
Planning has a series of brochures that summarize what different parts of the organization do. You can download them below:
- City Planning (main) brochure
- Community Planning brochure
- Growth Management Planning brochure
- Historic Preservation brochure
- Land Development Planning brochure
Multifamily Design Criteria
These criteria describe how existing GMP policies and LDC regulations apply to multifamily development with surface parking. If you are planning a multifamily project, please contact the City Planning Division to discuss your proposed site plan. Click here to read the criteria.
City Brownfield Program Updates
Brownfield Committee Meeting
- Date: August 4, 2014
- Place: Conference Room R (Second Floor – City Hall – 400 S. Orange Ave.)
- Time: 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
- If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Mary-Stewart Droege at email@example.com
There is a new Google website for the Brownfield Program. The site generally serves as an online repository for pertinent work products related to United States EPA grant funding. To visit the web site, click here.
Physical documents are located at the FAMU Law Library.