HISTORIC WALKING TOURS
Join Historic Preservation Officer Richard Forbes each month for a tour of the Downtown Historic District to learn about Orlando’s rich history. To join our Historic Walking Tour, RSVP to Rose at 407.246.3789. If you can’t make a guided tour, click here for a printable self-guided walking tour of downtown, or click here for an interactive map.
- Cost: Free
- Time: 9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Location: Rogers Kiene Building, 39 S Magnolia Avenue, Orlando FL 32801
- Duration: 1.5 Hours
- “Million dollar courthouse” built in 1927
- Which downtown building had the first crematorium in the South
- Which building reportedly had its unique siding shipped from England in the late 1880s
- Which building is named for a famous World Series champion baseball player
- And how several of our historic buildings have been adapted from their original use to serve modern functions!
Tours take place the first Friday of the month October – May.
- October 5, 2018
- November 2, 2018
- December 7, 2018
Special tour groups may be available upon request, direct inquiries to Richard Forbes at 407.246.3350.