HISTORIC WALKING TOURS
Join Historic Preservation Officer Richard Forbes each month for a tour of the Downtown Historic District to learn about Orlando’s rich history. To join our Historic Walking Tour, RSVP to Rose at 407.246.3789. If you can’t make a guided tour, click here for a printable self-guided walking tour of downtown, or click here for an interactive map.
- Cost: Free
- Time: 9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Location: Rogers Kiene Building, 39 S Magnolia Avenue, Orlando FL 32801
- Duration: 1.5 Hours
Learn the answers to:
- Which adaptive reuse structure built in 1927 was once called the “Million dollar courthouse”?
- Which downtown building had the first crematorium in the South?
- Which building reportedly had its unique siding shipped from England in the late 1880s?
- Which building is named for a famous World Series champion baseball player?
- And how several of our historic buildings have been adapted from their original use to serve modern functions!
Tours take place the first Friday of the month October – May.
- February 1, 2019
- March 1, 2019
- April 5, 2019
- May 3, 2019