HISTORIC WALKING TOURS
Our Downtown Historic Walking Tour is now available online and on your phone by clicking here
Join Historic Preservation Officer Richard Forbes each month for a tour of the Downtown Historic District to learn:
- About the “million dollar courthouse” built in 1927
- Which downtown building had the first crematorium in the South
- Which building reportedly had its unique siding shipped from England in the late 1880s
- Which building is named for a famous World Series champion baseball player
- And how several of our historic buildings have been adapted from their original use to serve modern functions!
Upcoming Guided Tours:
- Friday, February 2, 2018
- Friday, March 2, 2018
- Friday, April 6, 2018
- Friday, May 4, 2018
The Downtown Historic Walking Tours are free. They start at 9:30 a.m. at the Downtown Information Center, 201 S. Orange Avenue. Tours last approximately 1 1/2 hours. Please RSVP to Rose at 407.246.3789.
Can’t make the guided tour? Click here for a printable self guided walking tour of downtown. Special Tour groups may be available upon request. Please direct inquiries to Richard Forbes at 407.246.3350.