Uploading Digital Plans
City Planning has recently instituted a new system for uploading digital plans. To accommodate this change, we have created a two-page general application, along with supplements indicating all the potential supporting items that would be needed for a given case type. A sample form can be found here:
Please follow these steps to submit your application:
- Schedule and attend a pre-application meeting with City Planning Staff. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting. For Determinations and Modifications of Standards requests, contact the Zoning Official (email above) to review your request and obtain the proper application fee.
- At the meeting, staff will provide you with the application form and will identify the type of request and fee due.
- Email the form to email@example.com. You will receive a response from one of the intake staff members, who will provide you with a link to pay online and give you further instructions.
- Application Requirements List – details on what additional supporting documents will be needed.
Choose the correct supplement for your application type.
- DRI (Development of Regional Impact)
- Modification of Standards
- Revert to Original Plat
- Street Name Change
- Alcoholic Beverage Sales (Exception to Distance Requirement)
- Appeal of Zoning/Planning Official Determination
- Dog-Friendly Dining
- Donation Bin Approval
- Residential Care Facilities (RCFs)
- Mobile Food Vendors – click here for FAQ and a specific map of areas allowed to have Mobile Food Vendors
Other Checklists and Documents
Other checklists that might be needed:
- Cell Towers Checklist
- “Get Active Orlando” Checklist
- OUC Pre-application Checklist
- Planned Development (PD or ZON) Checklist – Development Plan Requirements
- Plat Checklist
- Subdivision with Modifications Checklist
Other documents that might be needed:
- Community Outreach and Neighborhood Meeting Guidelines
- Consent Form – for annexations
- Environmental Assessment
- OCPS Capacity & Concurrency Document
- Petition for Annexation
- Traffic Impact Analysis Study
- Verified Legal Description
- Zoning Verification Request
The following affidavits are available for download in the PDF file type. Please submit them in accordance with the instructions on each form.
- Business Ownership
- Husband & Wife Ownership
- Spouse & Spouse Ownership
- Individual Ownership
- Trust Ownership
Historic Preservation Board
The Historic Preservation Board (HPB) application is available for download in the PDF file type. If the project is a Minor Review, please submit the “HPB Review Application” through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response from a HPB staff member, who will give you further instructions. If the project is a Major Review, please contact the HPB Recording Secretary at 407.246.3416 to schedule a required pre-application meeting. The “HPB Major Review Supplement Sheet” provides an overview of the Major Review process, timeline and required materials for review. If you have any questions, please contact the Historic Preservation Officer at 407.246.3350.
Municipal Planning Board
For information on how to get a Municipal Planning Board (MPB) application, please contact the Planner on Call at 407.246.2269 or the Recording Secretary at 407.246.3365.
Board of Zoning Adjustment
For information on how to get a Board of Zoning Adjustment (BZA) application, please contact the Planner on Call at 407.246.2269 or the Recording Secretary at 407.246.3412.
Appearance Review Board
For information on how to get an Appearance Review Board (ARB) application, please contact the ARB Coordinator at 407.246.3414 or the Recording Secretary at 407.246.3752.