Have you ever wished you could talk to an officer and ask questions about crime and safety in your community? Do you have ideas that you would like to share with an OPD officer? Do you and your neighbors wonder about the crime statistics for your neighborhood?
Then you need a Neighborhood Watch program on your street or in your complex. It’s easy to start a Neighborhood Watch and it works! In some areas, home burglaries have shown as much as a 40% decrease because of citizens involved in Neighborhood Watch.
The Orlando Police Department Neighborhood Watch Unit provides:
* Assistance in organizing and maintaining Watch groups
* Home and personal safety training
* Residential and Business Security Surveys
* Free electronic engravers
Call now to get started: 407.246.2369 or http://www.cityoforlando.net/police/neighborhood-watch/
City of Orlando Hispanic Office for Local Assistance for Residents and Newcomers
The HOLA office is for everyone in the city of Orlando. If you are new to the area or need assistance please contact our HOLA office. The HOLA office offers information about the City of Orlando services, jobs, education, medical services, legal services, and more. For services information Click Here
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority has revised our Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Business Enterprise (SDVOBE) policy and program. These changes will reduce and streamline certification requirements and increase opportunities for Florida-based, Veteran-owned businesses. Highlights of the policy and program changes include:
1. The SDVOBE program has been changed to the Veteran Business Enterprise (VBE) program.
2. Florida-based, Veteran-own businesses with a certification from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) or from the State of Florida Department of Management Services’ Office of Supplier Diversity (OSD) will be eligible to participate in GOAA’s VBE program.
3. To become an eligible GOAA VBE, VA/OSD-certified companies will only need to submit proof of their certification through GOAA’s online application portal to be added to GOAA’s VBE directory. To apply Click Here.
4. Veteran Business Enterprises may also be used to meet LDB participation goal requirements. On February 23, 2018 at 2 pm, GOAA’s Small Business Development Department will conduct a Veterans Outreach Event at Orlando Executive Airport to help in the following areas:
(a) identify Veteran-owned businesses interested in working with GOAA
(b) identify procurement opportunities for Veteran-owned businesses and
(c)provide information on our Small Business Programs to include details on how to be added to GOAA’s VBE directory.