Narcoossee Road Widening Project
These are posted as a courtesy only and could be subject to change.
For a detailed Project Overview on the 2018 Narcoossee Road Widening Project Click Here
Images of the new phase of the Lake Nona Town Center have been reveled. The 3.8 M SF Center will feature a movie theater, bowling or sports concept, retail shops, medical fitness facility and a variety of dining options. Click to see Images, for more information Click Here.
- Addition to the current Conway Road Special Plan Overlay District (LDC 2016-00161) to
- Include Smoke Shops as a prohibited use within the current Overlay District.
- Require all Food Trucks to be closed for business from the hours of 12:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- Increased emphasis on code enforcement penalties for violations associated with this property.
- Meet with OUC to determine if additional lighting can be added in the right-of-way near this location.
- Outreach to all neighboring apartment complex property managers to encourage them to join and participate in our OPD coordinated Crime Free Multi-Housing Program.
- Encourage area residents to call 911 when they witness suspicious activity.
- OPD outreach to area retail and grocery stores to offer assistance with crime prevention.
- Continued drive-through patrols at property site by OPD.
- Encourage area retailers continue their efforts to organize under the City’s “Main Street” program.
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority has revised our Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Business Enterprise (SDVOBE) policy and program. These changes will reduce and streamline certification requirements and increase opportunities for Florida-based, Veteran-owned businesses. Highlights of the policy and program changes include:
1. The SDVOBE program has been changed to the Veteran Business Enterprise (VBE) program.
2. Florida-based, Veteran-own businesses with a certification from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) or from the State of Florida Department of Management Services’ Office of Supplier Diversity (OSD) will be eligible to participate in GOAA’s VBE program.
3. To become an eligible GOAA VBE, VA/OSD-certified companies will only need to submit proof of their certification through GOAA’s online application portal to be added to GOAA’s VBE directory. To apply Click Here.
4. Veteran Business Enterprises may also be used to meet LDB participation goal requirements. On February 23, 2018 at 2 pm, GOAA’s Small Business Development Department will conduct a Veterans Outreach Event at Orlando Executive Airport to help in the following areas:
(a) identify Veteran-owned businesses interested in working with GOAA
(b) identify procurement opportunities for Veteran-owned businesses and
(c)provide information on our Small Business Programs to include details on how to be added to GOAA’s VBE directory.
Beginning Monday, February 19, 2018, access will be restricted to the 2nd floor entrance of City Hall (entrance from the parking garage bridge/breezeway). Construction on the 2nd floor is estimated to last through Summer 2018.
When coming from the City Commons parking garage, you may access the main entrance of City Hall in one of two ways:
- Take the garage elevator down to the first floor, where you will cross over Boone Avenue and enter City Hall through the first floor main entrance, located along Orange Avenue.
- Cross over the bridge located in the northeast corner of the City Commons garage on the third floor. Take the CNL escalator or elevator to the first floor for entrance into City Hall.