Solid Waste 4th of July Message
District 1 Neighbors,
For the upcoming Fourth of July holiday, the Solid Waste Management Division would like toremind you that residential garbage, recycling, and yard waste collection will occur as scheduled. To ensure pick up it is important for residents to have their garbage, recycling, and yard waste out before 6:00 a.m. on Wednesday morning.
Our Solid Waste offices and phone lines will be closed in observance of the holiday.
Have a safe and Happy Holiday!
You’re Invited to Touch-A-Truck!!!
Dear District 1 Neighbors,
Come out to Fire Station 15 next Thursday, July 5th, 2018 from 10:30 a.m. -12 p.m. and join us at the Touch-A-Truck event celebrating Tower Truck 15. This truck is the eighth ladder truck and one of four special response vehicles in our fleet. It will be servicing the Lake Nona area of nearly 30,000 residents.
Tower 15 also features state-of-the-art fire operations capabilities, with the unit’s ladder bucket reaching 100 feet with two large bore water hoses reaching 250 feet to be able to knock down fires in multistory structures.
Bring the entire family and enjoy light refreshments while learning crucial safety information. There will be activities for children including charging the fire hose line and fire safety coloring books. Hope to see you all there!!
Location: Orlando Fire Station 15, 10199 South Narcoossee Road, 32832. For more information Click Here
Narcoossee Road Widening Project
These are posted as a courtesy only and could be subject to change.
For a detailed Project Overview on the 2018 Narcoossee Road Widening Project Click Here
New Images of Phase 2 of the Lake Nona Town Center
- Addition to the current Conway Road Special Plan Overlay District (LDC 2016-00161) to
- Include Smoke Shops as a prohibited use within the current Overlay District.
- Require all Food Trucks to be closed for business from the hours of 12:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- Increased emphasis on code enforcement penalties for violations associated with this property.
- Meet with OUC to determine if additional lighting can be added in the right-of-way near this location.
- Outreach to all neighboring apartment complex property managers to encourage them to join and participate in our OPD coordinated Crime Free Multi-Housing Program.
- Encourage area residents to call 911 when they witness suspicious activity.
- OPD outreach to area retail and grocery stores to offer assistance with crime prevention.
- Continued drive-through patrols at property site by OPD.
- Encourage area retailers continue their efforts to organize under the City’s “Main Street” program.
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority has revised our Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Business Enterprise (SDVOBE) policy and program. These changes will reduce and streamline certification requirements and increase opportunities for Florida-based, Veteran-owned businesses. Highlights of the policy and program changes include:
1. The SDVOBE program has been changed to the Veteran Business Enterprise (VBE) program.
2. Florida-based, Veteran-own businesses with a certification from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) or from the State of Florida Department of Management Services’ Office of Supplier Diversity (OSD) will be eligible to participate in GOAA’s VBE program.
3. To become an eligible GOAA VBE, VA/OSD-certified companies will only need to submit proof of their certification through GOAA’s online application portal to be added to GOAA’s VBE directory. To apply Click Here.
4. Veteran Business Enterprises may also be used to meet LDB participation goal requirements. On February 23, 2018 at 2 pm, GOAA’s Small Business Development Department will conduct a Veterans Outreach Event at Orlando Executive Airport to help in the following areas:
(a) identify Veteran-owned businesses interested in working with GOAA
(b) identify procurement opportunities for Veteran-owned businesses and
(c)provide information on our Small Business Programs to include details on how to be added to GOAA’s VBE directory.
Beginning Monday, February 19, 2018, access will be restricted to the 2nd floor entrance of City Hall (entrance from the parking garage bridge/breezeway). Construction on the 2nd floor is estimated to last through Summer 2018.
When coming from the City Commons parking garage, you may access the main entrance of City Hall in one of two ways:
- Take the garage elevator down to the first floor, where you will cross over Boone Avenue and enter City Hall through the first floor main entrance, located along Orange Avenue.
- Cross over the bridge located in the northeast corner of the City Commons garage on the third floor. Take the CNL escalator or elevator to the first floor for entrance into City Hall.