Conway/Curry Ford Proposed Action Steps
- Addition to the current Conway Road Special Plan Overlay District (LDC 2016-00161) to
- Include Smoke Shops as a prohibited use within the current Overlay District.
- Require all Food Trucks to be closed for business from the hours of 12:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- Increased emphasis on code enforcement penalties for violations associated with this property.
- Meet with OUC to determine if additional lighting can be added in the right-of-way near this location.
- Outreach to all neighboring apartment complex property managers to encourage them to join and participate in our OPD coordinated Crime Free Multi-Housing Program.
- Encourage area residents to call 911 when they witness suspicious activity.
- OPD outreach to area retail and grocery stores to offer assistance with crime prevention.
- Continued drive-through patrols at property site by OPD.
- Encourage area retailers continue their efforts to organize under the City’s “Main Street” program
Narcoossee Road Widening Project
These are posted as a courtesy only and could be subject to change.
Volunteer on Earth Day
Join Green Up Orlando, Keep Orlando Beautiful and City Beverage for a 21 and older cleanup event the evening of Friday, April 20th!
Help clean up and beautify Southport Park and then enjoy complimentary adult beverages and food provided by City Beverage.
When: Friday, April 20, 2018
Location: 3437 Barnstable Place, Orlando, FL 32827
All supplies are provided. Dress for a mess!
RSVP is required, as spots for this event fill quickly! This event is for participants ages 21 and up, and IDs will be checked at the entrance.
Please RSVP to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the number of people in your party. For more detailed information Click Here.
Enter the “Week of the Family” Essay Contest!
Prompt: “I should practice kindness with my family because …”
1. Write a thoughtful essay up to 250 words using the prompt above.
2. Essay Author MUST be a student enrolled in an Orange
County, Florida school, Public, Private, or Home School Ages 5 to 18.
3. Submit your essay online at: http://weekofthefamily.org/contests/familyessay
Only ONE entry per Student! Winners will be honored at the Week of the Family Awards dinner, and Mayor Jacob’s Family Fun Day!
There are 4 Grade Categories: K-2, 2-5, 6-8, 9-12.
Prices: 1st Place:$100, 2nd Place:$75, 3rd Place:$50.
All entries must be received by Saturday, March 31, 2018
WINNERS will be announced prior to the November 3-10, 2018 Week of the Family.
The school with the highest participation will receive a trophy presented by Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs.
Let’s Name Our Parks!
The two new parks coming to Lake Nona need a name and we want your help. These new parks will bring residents more options for outdoor activities and recreation along with greenspace. Both parks will allow quick access to a variety of amenities.
This park will stretch across 25 acres on Dowden Road, west of Narcoosee Road. It will contain four baseball/softball fields with benches and dugouts along with a concession stand and restrooms. There will also be a playground, shade pavilion, walking paths and green space where residents can enjoy the fountain on the water. Residents will have multiple access points and parking.
This park will take up just over 24 acres just south of Laureate Boulevard at the intersection of Hartwell Road and Kellogg Avenue. Among the amenities for residents to enjoy will be four multiuse fields lit for night activities. A concession stand with restrooms, team benches, bleachers and field equipment storage are nearby. The park will also have a playground, medium size picnic pavilion, large group pavilion, plenty of green space and a 12-foot wide trail for walking, jogging or other activities.
You can submit suggestions for one or both of the parks. Please make sure to label your suggestions either park 1 or park 2. All suggestions will be considered by Families, Parks and Recreation. The deadline to submit name suggestions is March 9. Please send your ideas by email to: email@example.com
City Hall Construction on 2nd Floor
Beginning Monday, February 19, 2018, access will be restricted to the 2nd floor entrance of City Hall (entrance from the parking garage bridge/breezeway). Construction on the 2nd floor is estimated to last through Summer 2018.
When coming from the City Commons parking garage, you may access the main entrance of City Hall in one of two ways:
- Take the garage elevator down to the first floor, where you will cross over Boone Avenue and enter City Hall through the first floor main entrance, located along Orange Avenue.
- Cross over the bridge located in the northeast corner of the City Commons garage on the third floor. Take the CNL escalator or elevator to the first floor for entrance into City Hall.
Relocation of offices
The following offices will be moved to the 9th floor during construction:
- Office of City Commissioners
- City Clerk
- Public Records
- Office of Community Affairs and Human Relations
- Office of Communications and Neighborhood Relations
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority has revised our Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Business Enterprise (SDVOBE) policy and program. These changes will reduce and streamline certification requirements and increase opportunities for Florida-based, Veteran-owned businesses. Highlights of the policy and program changes include:
1. The SDVOBE program has been changed to the Veteran Business Enterprise (VBE) program.
2. Florida-based, Veteran-own businesses with a certification from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) or from the State of Florida Department of Management Services’ Office of Supplier Diversity (OSD) will be eligible to participate in GOAA’s VBE program.
3. To become an eligible GOAA VBE, VA/OSD-certified companies will only need to submit proof of their certification through GOAA’s online application portal to be added to GOAA’s VBE directory. To apply Click Here
4. Veteran Business Enterprises may also be used to meet LDB participation goal requirements. On February 23, 2018 at 2 pm, GOAA’s Small Business Development Department will conduct a Veterans Outreach Event at Orlando Executive Airport to help in the following areas:
(a) identify Veteran-owned businesses interested in working with GOAA
(b) identify procurement opportunities for Veteran-owned businesses and
(c)provide information on our Small Business Programs to include details on how to be added to GOAA’s VBE directory.
New Images of Phase 2 of the Lake Nona Town Center
Images of the new phase of the Lake Nona Town Center have been reveled. The 3.8 M SF Center will feature a movie theater, bowling or sports concept, retail shops, medical fitness facility and a variety of dining options. Click to see Images, for more information Click Here.