Welcome District 2 Resident,
As the 2015 year comes to a close I want to take the time to reflect on the many great things we have accomplished in District 2 and the many great things we still have planned.
- New Playground at the Engelwood Community Center
- Violin classes added to the offerings at Engelwood Community Center
- Swimming Program at the Dover Shores Elementary/Dover Shores Community Center
- Successfully completed 2nd Government Academy
- Upcoming Government Academy to be held (dates to be announced)
- Voted against increase to Commissioner Capital Budget – Proposed allocation oversight and transparency of funding
- Economic Development
- Since 2012 more than 500 jobs have been created in the Semoran Corridor creating an economic impact of more than $28 million dollars between private and public
- Welcomed 24 new restaurants and businesses to the Semoran Corridor
- Semoran Business Partnership celebrates 7 years of successful operation
- Spearheading initiative to foster diversity and growth by having the City of Orlando become trustees of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Central Florida
- Signed Memorandum of Understanding with Quindio, Colombia for collaborative efforts to exchange; art, culture, academics and economic development
- Cleanliness and beautification
- Celebrating a year of having a community garden at the Engelwood Park Community
- Study being conducted in conjunction with the Department of Transportation on safer pedestrian crossing
- Foster responsible development – Single Family homes being built across of Bad Dog Range
- Neighborhood improvement
- Completed Park of Americas Phase 1 Development
- Park of Americas Phase 2 to be set for completion early 2016 – adding exercise stations
- New gym floors installed at the Dover Shores and Engelwood Community Centers
- District 2 Neighborhood Leadership Council celebrates 7 years of fostering community involvement
I have much to thank our City Staff for their support and for having the motivation and drive to continue striving to make our community a better place to live.
We are working very hard to make our district a better place to live. We want you to be proud of our community.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call my office. Contact information can be found here.
To better help you navigate around our website, please click here for our District 2 Sitemap.
Commissioner, District 2