What’s slated for the first phase of Creative Village?
The Downtown Campus Slated to Open in August 2019
Nearly 15 acres of the 68-acre Creative Village has been designated by the City for the new UCF and Valencia College Downtown Campus. The campus will bring 7,700 students to the Creative Village in its first phase, and will be the academic heart of a city that’s attracting national attention for its entrepreneurial, high-tech and creative economy. The new campus, which broke ground on May 11, 2017, is slated to open in August of 2019, and will bring students to the doorstep of the region’s emerging industries for a one-of-a-kind, immersive educational opportunity. UCF will share the campus with Valencia College, which will offer programs in digital media, health-information technology, and culinary and hospitality, including workforce training and other certificates to increase access to education in the immediate downtown area. For more information, please visit UCF.edu/downtown.
The new Downtown Campus will include:
- Dr. Phillips Academic Commons: A new $60 million, 148,000-square-foot academic building where UCF will offer programs in fields such as communication, digital media, public service and health-related programs. The new academic building at UCF Downtown will complement a renovated Center for Emerging Media which is home UCF’s top-ranked graduate video gaming school in North America, the Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy, is located.
- UnionWest at Creative Village: A new $105 million, 15-story, 600-bed student housing development at the northwest corner W. Livingston Street and N. Terry Avenue. Privately developed by Ustler Development and Development Ventures Group (DEVEN), this development will open in the summer of 2019, concurrent with the Grand Opening of the Downtown Campus. This building will also be home to Valencia College’s new 50,000 square foot Walt Disney World School of Culinary Arts and Hospitality, the largest culinary school in the Southeastern United States.
- Parking Facilities: A new $9 million, 600-space parking garage with enhanced security features and technology that makes finding an open spot easier. The parking garage will be located at the southwest corner of the Creative Village.
Additional Housing Expected to Break Ground in 2018
A key component of the Creative Village is to bring a introduce a new mix of affordable, attainable and market-rate housing to the community. New housing developments slated for Creative Village’s first phase include:
- Amelia Court: A new $60 million, 256-unit multi-family housing development located on the west side of Parramore Avenue, between Concord Street and W. Amelia Street. Amelia Court will contain a mix of affordable and market-rate apartments and provide a new option for families seeking to live near the adjacent OCPS Academic Center for Excellence and the Downtown campus of UCF and Valencia College. Grand Opening is expected in mid-2019.
- Parcel M: A new $75 million, 390-unit market-rate apartment building by Ustler Development, Inc. and The Allen Morris Company, located at the southwest corner of W. Amelia Street and N. Terry Avenue. Groundbreaking is expected in late-2018.