It’s been called a new chapter in Orlando’s history. The 650-acre health and life sciences park known as Lake Nona Medical City is a landmark for Orlando and a premier location for medical care, research and education. Carefully planned and laid out, Lake Nona Medical City represents a deliberate strategy to create a centralized focus of sophisticated medical treatment, research and education in Central Florida.
Based on the proven theory that a cluster of healthcare and bioscience facilities in proximity to one another will accelerate innovation, this intellectual hub opened in a coordinated fashion with a collaborative mission. In the next decade, Lake Nona Medical City will be home to some of the nation’s top hospitals, universities, research institutions and life science companies. The Medical City’s pioneering institutions are already forming networks and synergies, which are transforming Orlando into a global destination for health care, research and medical education while creating an economically improving the region.
Medical City is anchored by:
- University of Central Florida Health Sciences Campus – http://learnlakenona.com/medical-city/ucf-health-sciences-campus
- Sandford-Burnham Medical Research Institute – http://learnlakenona.com/medical-city/sanford-burham
- VA Medical Center – http://learnlakenona.com/medical-city/va-medical-center
- Nemours Children’s Hospital – http://learnlakenona.com/medical-city/nemours
- University of Florida Academic & Research Center – http://learnlakenona.com/medical-city/uf-research-center
- MD Anderson Orlando Cancer Research Institute – http://learnlakenona.com/medical-city/m-d-anderson
For more information, visit http://learnlakenona.com/medical-city