FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Heather Fagan, 407.246.3423
Cassandra Lafser, 407.246.2182
The City of Orlando is Calling for Artists, Designers
Submit Your Application Now for Orlando’s Debut Recycled Fashion Show
The City of Orlando is seeking local fashion designers and artists to
create innovative wearable looks made from materials that would
otherwise be headed to the landfill or recycling facility. The designs
will featured at the Trash2Trends runway event, a fundraiser for Keep
Orlando Beautiful, that seeks to bring the fashion and art world
together with the environmental community to promote and inspire
A panel of local celebrity judges will choose winners in four different
categories: Top Design, Avante Garde, Most Wearable and Audience Choice.
- Monday, November 4, 2013- Applications to
participate in Trash2Trends are due
- Wednesday, November 6, 2013- Selected designers
will be notified
- Saturday, February 1, 2014- Trash2Trends Fashion
More information will be provided upon artist selection.
- Be wildly creative. Make wearable fashion from
discarded items. Stretch your thinking about how fashion can be more
- Materials must be "trash" items headed to the
landfill or recycling facility.
- Binding techniques such as sewing, glue, tape and
wire are allowed.
- Materials can be written on, printed on, painted
on, dyed, manipulated, etc.
- Zippers, buttons, fasteners are permitted.
- If your fashion includes accessories (bags, hats,
belts, etc.) they must follow the guidelines as well.
- Consider the “wearability” of your look when a
model is wearing it and walking down a runway.
- Your design will have width limits, which will be
provided in the design criteria sheet upon selection.
- Consider answering the following questions when
submitting the application:
- Briefly describe your experience in design and
why you’re interested in this event.
- Include a sketch or describe a possible look you
are thinking about for this event.
- Send any photos of your work via e-mail or with
Interested artists and designers should send completed
applications to one of the following:
Anyone with questions or for more information, call Jody Buyas at
407.246.2752 or e-mail her at
For a downloadable application visit: