OFD Explorer Post 657 will be holding an Open Enrollment Meeting on September 25, 2018. The meeting will be held at the Primrose Training facility from 6 – 9 p.m.
All other meetings are on every other Tuesday night from 7 – 9 p.m. at the Primrose training facility.
The facility is located at 595 N. Primrose Drive, next to Orlando Executive Airport. Use the entrance off of Amelia Street to gain access to the facility, and enter the parking lot to your left before the gate. We ask that everyone meet near the picnic tables by 5:45 p.m. so that we can all enter the facility together. See map.
You are required to attend three meetings before receiving your application for membership, and a parent must attend the first meeting if the candidate is younger than 18 years old. At the fourth meeting, you will turn in your application, with a $25 membership fee. The post also takes dues every meeting of $2 to help pay for fun outings and food on our Saturday training days.
To become an Orlando Fire Explorer, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must be 14 – 21 years old. Explorers “age-out” at 21; we are unable to accept candidates after their 20th birthday.
- Must be an active student having completed 8th grade and entering high school, college or a vocational program.
- Have 2.5 GPA or above.
- Hair must be above the ears, with no facial hair, earrings, or visual body rings.
- Must attend a two-hour meeting every other Tuesday night from 7 – 9 p.m.
- Be accountable on-calls, events and meetings.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
- Provide black boots/shoes, pants, belt and socks.
- Attendance at 75-percent of meeting per six-month period is required.
We will have minimal spots available for new members. If there are more candidates than spots available, acceptance into the program will be determined through an additional review process.
If a candidate is unable to attend on September 25, 2018, our next Open Enrollment is scheduled for March 26, 2019. Due to our curriculum schedule, and the number of youth interested, we cannot hold spots or allow for late enrollments.
For more information, please email: OFDExplorerAdvisor@cityoforlando.net.