Welcome to the Orlando Community & Youth Trust, Inc. a non-profit organization created to support the mission of the City of Orlando Department of Families, Parks, and Recreation (FPR). This fundraising entity was created to leverage and administer public and private grant and philanthropic funding that makes projects possible that are not regularly part of the City of Orlando’s allocated funds. Projects and activities funded by the Trust enhance the quality of life for youth, families, and senior citizens living in the City of Orlando.
Example of programs supported by OCYT include after school, academic, arts and athletic programs serving children residing in the City’s most disadvantaged neighborhoods, and programs that support the environment, including the acquisition, development and improvement of public park land and the planting and protection of trees.
FPR operates a wide range of public programs and facilities such as:
- 16 community centers
- 11 community pools
- 2 senior centers – Beardall and Allen
- Over 100 public parks including Lake Eola Park and Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake
- A pottery studio
- Tennis Center
- An environmental center
- Tree planting and neighborhood green-up programs
- Parramore Kidz Zone program
- Afterschool and summer camps for children
- Youth athletic programs
- Learn-to-swim and adult fitness programs
- Public ball fields, tennis and basketball courts
- Area C Mountain Bike Park
- Dueling Dragons of Orlando
City staff provide their services to the Trust pro bono, thereby reducing the Trust’s staffing and administrative costs. This allows the Trust to direct most revenues to the enhancement of the public’s families, parks and recreation programs and facilities.
How Can You Help?
The OCYT is seeking grant and donor funding of approximately $800,000 a year to support the enhancement of Orlando’s families, park and recreation programs and facilities.
Also appreciated are gifts in-kind that can be distributed to needy children and families in Orlando, including:
- School supplies
- Canned foods
- Event/venue tickets
- Baby items.
OCYT is also looking for corporate partners willing to employ City youth at their worksites.
If you would like to donate, please click the button below.
For more information on how to make gift in kind donations or if you are a corporation that would like to assist with employment opportunities, please contact President, Ms. Brenda March.
Board Chair: Ms. Lisa C. Early
Company Affiliation: City of Orlando
Term: January 2006 to January 2020
Board Co-Chair: Mr. David Wagg
Company Affiliation: City of Orlando
Term: February 2005 to January 2020
- Treasurer: Ms. Renee Jackson, City of Orlando, FPR Fiscal Manager
- Secretary: Mr. Mike Lawrence, Seminole County Public Schools
- Director: Mr. Chirag Bhavsar, CNL Bank
- Director: Ms. Yvette Hart-Metzger, Celestial’s Legacy Corporation
- Director: Mrs. Kim N.V. Le, Orlando Health
- Director: Ms. Jae Nale, Orange County
- Director: Mr. Rodney Williams, City of Orlando
Together we have raised over $900,000 for programs and facilities that improve the quality of life of Orlando’s youth, families, and seniors.
- Playful City, USA awarded by KaBOOM! – 2012
- Tree City USA awarded by Arbor Day Foundation – 2012
- All-American City Award (Finalist) awarded by National Civic League – 2012
- Children’s Initiative Designation awarded by State of Florida – 2009
- City Spirit Award awarded by Florida League of Cities – 2008
For information please visit http://cffound.guidestar.org/nonprofit.aspx?orgId=2733
Orlando Community and Youth Trust, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization registered with the State of Florida. Solicitation of Contributions Act Registration No. CH5686. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.