Take advantage of one of the affordable summer camp options that the City of Orlando offers.
A safe and affordable summer “day” camp program for youth who have completed Kindergarten up to fifth grade. This program is offered Monday-Friday for the weeks school is out following Orange County Public Schools calendar, at 16 community and recreation centers. Summer Camp offers a variety of recreational activities, including swimming, crafts; indoor and outdoor activities, exciting field trips (additional expense), computer labs and special events.
Camp Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Camp Dates: June 4 – August 10 (10 weeks), closed July 4.
Ages: 5-14 years old (must have completed Kindergarten, entering 1st grade through 8th grade)
Cost/Fees: Lunch and snacks are provided daily. All registered participants are required to purchase a camp T-shirt, which cost is $5.33 per child. Field trips are additional.
- City of Orlando Residents: $60/week. Two proofs of residency required. Must provide driver’s license, water bill, or electric bill showing City address.
- Non-City Residents: $100/week
- City of Orlando Resident Community Support: $0. To qualify, you must apply at the summer camp center in person. Qualification – Proof of EBT (food stamp recipient).
Register: Register at community center or online at Programs Registration Page.
- Registration begins Monday March 19 for children enrolled in after school/school vacation day programs.
- Open registration begins Saturday April 7 at 9 a.m.
Questions: Please call 407.246.4300
Locations: Recreation Summer Camps are held at the following City facilities:
- Citrus Square Neighborhood Center
- College Park Neighborhood Center
- Colonialtown Neighborhood Center
- Dover Shores Neighborhood Center
- Dr. I. Sylvester Hankins Park Neighborhood Center
- Dr. J. B. Callahan Center
- Dr. James R. Smith Neighborhood Center
- Englewood Neighborhood Center
- Ivey Lane Neighborhood Center
- John H. Jackson Neighborhood Center
- Langford Park Neighborhood Center
- Northwest Neighborhood Center
- Reeves Terrace Neighborhood Center
- Rock Lake Neighborhood Center
- Rosemont Neighborhood Center
- Wadeview Neighborhood Center
SUMMER CAMPS 2017 FOR BOYS & GIRLS AGES 9 – 12Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake
3401 S. Hiawassee Road
Orlando, FL 32835 | Phone: 407-246-4486 Fax: 407-297-2056
Wild Florida Explorer Camp
Reminisce on pioneer living with hands-on learning including farm life, planting a garden, weaving, pottery and outdoor cooking.
Date: June 5 – June 9, 2017 Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Aquatic Adventure Camp
Learn about canoeing, kayaking, Jon boating, fishing, as well as water safety, quality and conservation
Date: June 12 – June 16, 2017 Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Junior Outdoor Survival Camp
Experience camping, campfires, outdoor cooking, tree climbing, knot tying, outdoor navigation, wildlife discovery and astronomy. Overnight camping on Friday, check out on Saturday at 11:00 am.
Date: June 19 – June 24, 2017 Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
$150 per child/ per camp
Sign up for all 3 camps for $350
Before and after care available for $25 per week.
For more information, visit cityoforlando.net/billfrederick or call 407-246-4486
To register, please go to https://online.activecommunities.com/CityofOrlando/Start/Start.asp
Cost: Camp fee $150 per week. Extended care available for $25 per week
Early Drop Off & Late Pick Up
Early drop off begins at 7:30 am. Late pick up ends at 5:30 p.m.
Any late pick up after 5:30 p.m., additional fee of $5.00 plus tax will be charged to your account for every half hour, the child is not picked up.
REFUNDS, WITHDRAWALS AND CREDITS
All requests for cancellations, refunds and credits must be made in writing at least 72 hours prior to the weekly session in order to receive 75% refund. A refund requested on the day of purchase can be granted by canceling the payment prior to posting transaction in the revenue system. A program canceled by the City of Orlando will result in full refund. All credits on account must be used within 45 days of credit. Refunds made by cash or check will be mailed within 14 days, refunds to the credit card will be credited to the card company.
There will be no refunds after the session begins or if the participant is dismissed for disciplinary reasons.
Children must dress for the outdoors, t-shirt, pants or shorts, sneakers (no sandals or open-toed shoes), and a hat. They should bring an extra pair of shoes, t-shirt, shorts, swimwear, towel, sunscreen, insect spray, snacks and a water bottle. Campers are encourage to bring a bike with helmet and a bike lock to use during the camp for a week. Limited number of bikes and helmets are available for loan.
Enrich your child’s life with an art experience! Art Adventure is a fun way to learn the possibilities of working with clay and other art mediums. Each session will be focused on creating projects out of clay with a fun painting or drawing project on one of the days.
Camp Hours: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Camp Dates: 2 weeks per session on Thursdays and Fridays
- Session 1: June 8, 9, 15, 16
- Session 2: June 22, 23, 29, 30
- Session 3: July 6, 7, 13, 14
- Session 4: July 20, 21, 27, 28
- Session 5: Aug 3, 4, 10, 11
Ages: 6-14 years old
- City of Orlando Residents: $45/session
- Non-City Residents: $55/session
Features academic sessions for math, reading and science, life skills, enrichment activities, recreation, sports, art, dance, baseball, volleyball, summer athletic leagues and field trips to Orlando theme parks based on weather and site schedule.
Camp Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Camp Dates: June 13 – July 28 (8 weeks), Monday-Thursday in 2017
Ages: 10-14 years old (entering 6th, 7th, 8th grade in Fall 2017)
Cost/Fees: A one-time registration fee of $35, plus:
- City of Orlando Residents: $48/week
- Non-City Residents: $100/week
- Free Lunch Students: $0
- Reduced Lunch Students: $4/week
Register: Register in person, Monday – Friday from 4 – 6 p.m., in the school cafeteria.
Locations: After-School All-Stars Summer Camps and Registration are held at the following middle schools:
- Carver Middle School (The Summer camp will be held at Memorial Middle School and Howard Middle School)
- Howard Middle School
- Jackson Middle School
- Lee Middle School
- Memorial Middle School
- Odyssey Middle School
- Week 1: 06.05.17 – 06.09.17
- Week 2: 06.12.17 – 06.16.17
- Week 3: 06.19.17 – 06.23.17
- Week 4: 06.26.17 – 06.30.17
- Week 5: 07.03.17 – 07.07.17
- Week 7: 07.17.17 – 07.21.17
- Week 8: 07.24.17 – 07.28.17
- Week 9: 07.31.17 – 08.04.17
- Week 10: 08.07.17 – 08.11.17
This post is also available in: Spanish