Down Payment Assistance
The City of Orlando’s Down Payment Assistance Program (DPA) provides assistance to qualified first-time home buyers for down payment and closing costs associated with purchasing a home. The home must be located within City limits and the amount of eligible assistance is based on the applicant’s gross household income and need. All applicants must complete a pre-purchase homebuyer’s education program (offered by a HUD-approved housing counseling agency) and secure a first mortgage from one of our certified lenders.
Due to funding restrictions, applications for the Down Payment Assistance Program for Moderate-Income households will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Lenders are requested to call our office prior to submitting applications.
- Down Payment Assistance informational flyer: Information regarding the City of Orlando’s DPA Program.
- To determine whether the property is within City limits, you may click here and enter the property’s street address.
- Certified list of lenders (revised October 2017)
- Lenders Certification Training
- For those interested in becoming a certified lender for the City of Orlando’s DPA program, classes are offered annually; the last one was held on October 19th, 2017. If you would like to be added to the list for the next session, please contact Ms. Cheri King at 407.246.2430 or email@example.com.
- HUD-approved housing counseling agencies