Down Payment Assistance
The City of Orlando’s Down Payment Assistance Program helps qualified home buyers with down payment and closing costs. The house must be within the city limits and the amount of funding offered is based on the household income. If you are interested in applying, please contact a housing counseling agency to attend an educational seminar, and also contact a certified lender to pre-qualify for a mortgage.
- Information about the program: Please view this flyer to learn more about how the program works and how you can become eligible.
- Housing counseling agencies: This is a list of approved agencies in our area which offer the home buyers seminar. They can speak with you about the steps involved in purchasing a home.
- List of certified lenders (revised June 2018): This is a list of lenders who have been trained by our department so that they can help you with the application process.
- Lenders Certification Training: If you are a lender who would like to work with applicants of the City of Orlando’s Down Payment Assistance Program, a training class is offered once per year, in October. If you would like to be added to the next session, please contact Ms. Cheri King, at 407.246.2430, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Address locator: You can use this tool to see if the home you’d like to buy is within Orlando City limits.