During Monday’s City Council meeting, I was proud to highlight the generosity of City of Orlando employees and the success of our annual Workplace Giving Campaign by making check presentations for $442,889 in donations to 681 charitable organizations.
More than 1,400 City employees participated in the fundraiser and we surpassed the campaign’s $440,000 goal.
The Workplace Giving Campaign is one of the many ways City employees show their commitment to the community and give back. I am extremely impressed by the dedicated, hardworking members of our City family, who for the fourth year in a row broke all records for charitable giving at City Hall. Through their generous contributions, our employees are helping address some of the most critical issues facing our region.
Donations went to charities of the employee’s choice and organizations that benefited from the campaign include:
• Orlando Community and Youth Trust, Inc.
• Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida
• Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando, Inc.
• Wounded Warrior Project, Inc.
• Heart of Florida United Way
• United Arts of Central Florida
• Local Independent Charities of America
• Community Health Charities of America
• Neighbor to Nation
• Global Impact
I am thankful that we have active and caring employees who not only work hard every day to provide residents, businesses and visitors with superior services, but are also involved in their community.