To strengthen our youth writing skills and cultivate their Hispanic Heritage, the city is hosting an essay contest.
What things about your hispanic/latino culture that your parents/grandparents taught you that you like the most?
- Write a thoughtful essay up to 250 words using the prompt above
- Essay author must be a student participating in any City of Orlando neighborhood center
- Only one entry per student
All entries must be received by Friday, September 28, 2018.
There are three entry categories:
- 5th to 7th grade
- 8th to 10th grade
- 11th to 12th grade
Winners will be announced the second week of October during a ceremony.
Winners will receive:
- First place: $100 gift card
- Second place: $75 gift card
- Third place: $50 gift card