**Save the Date**
New Orlando Police Headquarters Set to Open and Further the Department’s Commitment to Protect and Serve the Orlando Community
Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer, City Commissioners and Police Chief John Mina invite the Orlando community to celebrate the grand opening of the new Orlando Police Department Headquarters with a ceremonial ribbon cutting.
This is not only a new building for Orlando Police officers and operations, but also for the entire Orlando community.
The building itself is designed to provide new ways to interact and continue to build relationships between the department and the community while enhancing operations to further protect residents, businesses and visitors.
There are multiple public spaces both inside and outside the headquarter building, including:
- A 5,000 square-foot multi-purpose room dedicated for community events and meetings
- Easier access to public parking and more parking spaces for visitors, including two new “online exchange” parking spaces
- A larger, open lobby with an information desk
- Accessibility on all sides of the building for pedestrians with 15-foot wide sidewalks
- An outdoor public plaza area
- An iconic art sculpture for neighbors and visitors to experience
The new 96,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art facility will further enhance department operations, utilizing the latest technology and providing new ways for our officers to protect our community.
Dedication and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
DESIGNATED LIVE SHOT LOCATIONS/PARKING:
- Morning Live Shots – Media will be permitted to conduct morning live shots in front of the new HQ along South Street. Media can park in the parking lot on the north side of the building accessible from South Street. Media must re-park their vehicles after 9 a.m. inside the South Street road closure, for the ribbon cutting event.
- Noon Live Shots – Media will be permitted to conduct noon live shots in front of the new HQ along South Street. Media parked in the South Street road closure for the ribbon cutting event must re-park their vehicle by 12 p.m. to facilitate the reopening of the roadway. Starting at 11:30 a.m. media can park in the lot on north side of the building accessible from South Street.
*A detailed map for media parking can be found here.
Orlando Police Department Headquarters
1250 West South Street
Media parking will be available off South Street inside the left lane closure. Please take South Street west towards Orange Blossom Trail to access media parking.
Community Open House
Saturday, April 15, 2017
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
On Saturday, April 15, 2017, Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer, City Commissioners and Police Chief John Mina invite Orlando residents to a free Community Open House to get a first-hand look at the new state-of-the-art police headquarters.