Call for Local Artists to Help the City of Orlando Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month
The City of Orlando is seeking local artists to display their artwork during Hispanic Heritage Month in The Terrace Gallery at Orlando City Hall. The art exhibit will be unveiled at a ribbon cutting ceremony during the City of Orlando’s Hispanic Heritage Month kickoff on Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. The exhibit will run from September 5 to October 13, 2017.
- Deadline for submissions: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
- Selected artists will need to deliver their pieces to City Hall on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Appropriateness: Artists will be selected based on the appropriateness of their proposal to the project.
- Communication: The artist must have the ability to clearly communicate concepts both visually and through clearly written materials.
- Performance: The artist must have a good professional history of being able to work cooperatively and finish projects on time.
- Installation: If selected, each work must be wall ready, with hardware on back of the work and ready to install.
Interested artists should submit the following to City’s Public Art Coordinator Charles Beasley, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brief biography of the artist.
- Up to five pieces of artwork in JPG format (small files).
- Artworks related to the Hispanic culture are recommended.
- Descriptions about each artwork.
- Title of each art piece, the medium and measurements.
Public Art Coordinator
Luis M. Martinez
Director of Multicultural Affairs