City of Orlando Opens Additional Sandbag Distribution Site in Preparation of Hurricane Irma
Sandbags Will Now Also Be Distributed at Camping World Stadium
The City of Orlando has opened a second location to give sandbags away to help residents prepare for the potential impact of Hurricane Irma.
Residents must show proof of residence and will be given 10 bags per address.
- Today, Thursday, September 7, until 7 p.m.
- Tomorrow, Friday, September 8, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Camping World Stadium, please access site from Tampa Avenue
- City of Orlando Streets and Stormwater Division, 1010 Woods Avenue
Camping World Stadium
Residents are advised to use the following routes to access the Camping World Stadium distribution location:
- Coming from the West: Take Orange Center Boulevard east to Tampa Avenue. Head north on Tampa Avenue, then take a right into the Camping World Stadium parking lot.
- Coming from the East: Take Gore Street to west (becomes Orange Center Boulevard) to Tampa Avenue. Head north on Tampa Avenue, then take a right into the Camping World Stadium parking lot.
City of Orlando Streets and Stormwater Division
Due to construction on West Gore Street, residents are advised to use the following routes to access Woods Avenue:
- Coming from the South: Take South Westmoreland Drive north to Columbia Street. Head west on Columbia Street and then take a right to head north on Woods Avenue.
- Coming from the North: Take South Westmoreland Drive south to Columbia Street. Head west on Columbia Street and then take a right to head north on Woods Avenue.
Residents can stay informed and get information on Hurricane Irma from the City of Orlando through Social Media at:
- City of Orlando’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/cityoforlando
- Spanish – www.facebook.com/ciudaddeorlando
- City of Orlando’s Twitter account: @citybeautiful
Additional updates and information on the City of Orlando Emergency Operations Emergency Status will be posted on the City’s website at: www.cityoforlando.net/status/.
The City of Orlando will continue to monitor the storm and provide any updates as necessary.