3rd Grade Reads powered by Read2Succeed
Lead Partner: Foundation for Orange County Public Schools
- Enhance second grade students’ skill in reading fluency, which is an important component of their “learning to read” journey.
- Improve and enhance first grade students’ vocabulary and background knowledge to increase reading success.
- Help students gain vital skills in social and personal development.
- Instill a positive attitude toward learning and encourage a love of reading for students.
- Improved vocabulary and reading fluency skills
- Increased positive values and identity, as well as enhanced social and academic competencies in students
- Increased support and involvement in education by volunteers, with a larger commitment to the community at large
We are always recruiting Ready Readers to offer reading assistance at local OCPS elementary schools.
By improving vocabulary and reading fluency skills in first and second graders, volunteers will help students enhance their reading comprehension and increase third grade assessment tests.
- Volunteers will provide reading assistance for first and second grade students using step-by-step vocabulary and reading fluency training.
- Volunteers will meet with students once a week for 30-45 minutes to improve their personal and academic development through encouragement and praise.
Phone: 407.317.3200 x 2002950