Third Grade Reads powered by Read2Succeed
Lead Partner: Foundation for Orange County Public Schools
Sponsor: Target and Service Nation
By improving reading fluency in 2nd grade students through repetition and games, volunteers will help students increase 3rd grade FCAT scores.
- Volunteers will provide reading assistance and mentoring to second graders using a six-minute solution.
- Make reading FUN through weekly meetings focused on improving student’s personal and academic development through positive reinforcement and teamwork.
- Enhance students’ skill in reading fluency which is an important part of their “learning to read” journey, through the one-on-two mentoring.
- Impart a love of books and learning, and instill positive attitudes toward reading.
- Help students gain vital skills in social and personal development.
- Improved reading fluency
- increased positive values and identity, as well as enhanced social competencies in students
- Increased support and involvement in education by volunteers and parents, with an increased commitment to the community at large