Early literacy for a strong start
Lead Partners: Early Learning Coalition of Orange County
Preschool Ambassadors’ goal is to help ensure that children are prepared to learn when they enter kindergarten, and that the skills they acquire in preschool will equip them with the ability to excel academically. We work personally with volunteers, child care providers, and community partners to guarantee that everyone has an enjoyable and successful experience.
Preschool Ambassadors aims to:
- Engage families in early literacy activities
- Increase pre-kindergarten enrollment
- Improve literacy instruction in pre-kindergarten centers
Preschool Ambassadors Volunteer Opportunities
- Early Literacy Liaisons – instruct families on best practices and increasing early literacy activities at home through leading early literacy presentations and distributing literacy tool-kits.
- Ready Readers – visit child care centers and preschools and read to children for an hour each week in order to support literacy instruction in pre-kindergarten centers.