- Volunteer must call, visit or email to express interest in the program.
- Application and materials are given, sent or downloaded from the City’s website.
- The completed application and background check form are returned via fax, mail or hand delivered to the City of Orlando Office of Community Affairs & Human Relations.
- Background checks are conducted on ALL volunteer applicants. Applications cannot be processed without completed background check forms, including social security numbers, which shall be given to City staff upon request.
- Applicant is notified of status
- The Volunteer Program Assistant sends the volunteer’s application to the supervisor for files and scheduling.
- Cleared volunteers are contacted by their site coordinator/supervisor.
- Volunteers are asked to track their volunteer hours using a timesheet, which is turned into their site coordinator/supervisor.
- Volunteers are recognized during Volunteer Appreciation month, which takes place during the month of April.