BUSINESS TAX RECEIPT
Business Tax Receipt (BTR) (formerly known as Occupational License)
Are you opening a new business in the City of Orlando or are you moving your existing business into City limits? The City of Orlando issues licenses to those businesses, professions or occupations that have locations or branch offices within our City limits. The Business Tax Receipt is proof of payment of the business tax. It is required before a business opens.
- BTR Application
- BTR General Information
- BTR Checklist
- Local Business Tax Request for Fee Exemption
- Once your application is approved and paid for, your Business Tax Receipt will be mailed to you. Please pay in one of three ways:
- Online at Digital City Hall
- Over the phone – 407.246.4444
- In person – Permitting Services Office, 1st floor of Orlando City Hall (see address below)
Additional Information and Documents
- Home Occupation License
- Peddler’s License Information Sheet
- Mobile Peddler’s Checklist (includes food trucks and vendors)
- Mobile Food Vendor FAQs
- Determination for Mobile Food Vendor Application – When applying for a Mobile Food Vendor’s Permit, please schedule a pre-application meeting via the Planner on Call at 407.246.2269 (press option 1).
Walk-in meetings are not available.
- Zoning Official’s Determination Concerning Tent Sales and Open Air Markets
- This includes a section on considering Mobile Vending (Temporary sale of consumer goods or non-food items) an intensive retail use for the purpose of Zoning review.
- Mail: 400 South Orange Avenue, Orlando, Fl, 32802-4990
- Phone: 407.246.2204
- Fax: (407) 246.3420
- Email: BusinessTax@cityoforlando.net
This post is also available in: Spanish