- Check to see if your address falls within the City of Orlando jurisdiction using the Orlando Locator.
- Look over our Commercial Plans Submittal Checklist and inspection FAQ to make sure you have all the necessary paperwork and fees prepared for your application.
- Fill out the application and email it to email@example.com. (see below for all available permit applications)
- Once received, you will be invited to create an account to submit your plans, via our Digital Plans Review.
- If approved, you will receive an email with your permit attached. Print it out and post it at your work site.
- Plans Review Timeline
- Commercial Development Fees
- Demolition Permits We now require 4 complete collated copies of a narrative explaining the demolition details and a demo site plan for both residential and commercial demolitions.
- Building Permits
- Electrical Permits
- Mechanical Permits
- Plumbing Permits
- Private Provider Information and Form
- Fire Permits
- Permits for Site Work
- Accessory Structures
- Miscellaneous Information
What is an Expired Permit?
The initial life of a permit is good for 180 days, but it will expire if no activity or approved inspections have happened for more than 6 months.
Why is this important?
Any open/expired permits may cause delays with future closings and sale of property, inspections, title searches, etc.
- Fees – Commercial Development – Fee schedule for all City of Orlando fees related to commercial development.
- Orange County School Impact Fees Effective October 1, 2016 – Information on upcoming changes of School Impact Fees.
- Concurrency Management Application – Any new development, change of use and residential subdivision requires an application.
- Impact Fees – Any construction work and change of uses/occupancies may require payment of impact fees.
- Commercial Plans Submittal Checklist
- Building Permit Application – Please note, the owners notarized signature or notarized signature of the owners Power of Attorney, is required upon submitting a permit application
- Digital Signature Delivery Form– An original copy of this form is required to be submitted in person to the Permitting Services Division or via mail to 400 South Orange Avenue, First Floor, Orlando, Fl, 32802-4990.
- General Applicable Codes: Applicable Codes Drawings submitted for review will be reviewed using the following codes.
- Commercial Revision Request – This form must be completed with all revisions.
- Contractor Registration – All contractors obtaining permits for work being performed in the City must register with the City of Orlando.
- Change of Contractor Application – Request a change of contractor for your project.
- Owner/Builder Declaration – This form is utilized when the property owner chooses to act as the contractor.
- Notice of Commencement– The Notice of Commencement form is required when the proposed job exceeds $2,500.
- Special Power of Attorney – A Special Power of Attorney is required when the licensed contractor chooses to authorize others to obtain permits under their name.
- Overtime Inspection Request Procedure
- Commercial Re-Roof Information Sheet – This form is needed to apply for a re-roof permit along with the Building Permit Application and an Inspection Affidavit.
- Building and Fire Codes Board of Appeal Application
- Commercial Landscape Plans Worksheet
- Inspection Affidavit
- Electrical Plan Review Checklist
- Electrical Permit Application – Blank
- Electrical Revision Request – This form must be completed with all revisions.
- Low Voltage Security Alarm Application – This form is required for all security alarms.
- Notice of Commencement – The Notice of Commencement form is required when the proposed job exceeds $2,500.
- Solar Plans Submittal Checklist
- Commercial Rough-In Inspection Checklist
- Commercial Hood Rough-In Inspection Checklist
- Boiler Inspection Checklist
- Commercial Hood Checklist
- Commercial Refrigeration System Inspection Checklist
- Notice of Commencement – The Notice of Commencement form is not required to repair/replace an existing heating or AC system in an amount less than $5,000.
- Mechanical Revision Request – This form must be completed with all revisions.
- Mechanical Permit Application
- Mechanical Plan Review Checklist
- Commercial Pressure Test Inspection
- Commercial Hood Final Inspection Checklist
- Commercial Final Inspection Checklist
- Plumbing / Gas Permit Application
- Plumbing Revision Request – This form must be completed with all revisions.
- Inspection Requirements Checklist for Plumbing, Gas, Medical Gas and Irrigation
- Solar Plans Submittal Checklist For Solar Thermal or Solar Photovoltaic
- Fire Permit Process Information Sheets
- Fire Plans Review Checklist
- Fire Permit Application
- Fire Revision Request – This form must be completed with all revisions.
- Fire Inspection Checklist
- Fire Permits Brochure
- Fire Safety Inspection Request
PERMITS FOR SITE WORK
- Engineering Permit – To submit for an engineering permit, a building permit application is needed with site work noted as the subtype. An Engineering permit is required when exterior improvements are proposed such as a driveways, parking lots, stormwater ponds, etc.
- Engineering Inspections Checklist
- Fixed Asset Form
- Maintenance Agreement – Cashiers Check
- Maintenance Agreement – Certificate of Deposit
- Maintenance Bond
- Performance Agreement – Cashiers Check
- Performance Agreement – Certificate of Deposit
- Performance Letter of Credit
- Performance Bond
- Private Improvements Cost Sheet – InteractivePublic Improvements Cost Sheet – Interactive
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control for Construction Sites – *This document is required to be submitted for any engineering permit.
A right-of-way permit is needed when any portion of a project is conducted in the City’s Right-of-Way.
- Right-of-Way Plans Submittal Checklist
- Communications Services Provider Registration Form
- Right-of-Way Letter of Credit
- Right-of-Way Permit Application
- Temporary ROW Encroachment Permit App 2016
- Right-of-Way Pavers Agreement – This agreement is needed when pavers are placed in the City right-of-way.
- City Services Easement Form for Individual
- City Services Easement Form for Corporation
- Tree Removal/Encroachment Permit – Permits are required for the removal of trees. These permits are handled through the Parks Department at 407.246.2287.
- Sidewalk Cafe Permit Application – A sidewalk cafe permit (SWC) is required when tables and chairs are proposed in the City right-of-way.
- Outdoor Loud Speaker Permit Application
- Sign Permit Information and Checklist
- Accessory Structures Information Brochure
- Accessory Structure Application Checklist
- Digital Billboard Checklist
- Fence and Wall Checklist
- Downtown Appearance Review Board – If your project is in the Downtown Community Redevelopment Area [CRA] it will require a review by the Appearance Review Official and/or Board, unless the project site is inside of a Historic District within the CRA, which will require a Historic Preservation Board review.
- Historic Preservation Board – If your property is within a historic preservation district, it will require a review by the Historic Preservation Officer and/or Board.
- Temporary Construction Office Trailer Checklist Application Checklist: On Site
- Moving Permit Application – A moving permit is required when moving a structure (building) from one location to another.
- Freight Zone Permit – Freight Zone permits are issued for loading and unloading purposes. These permits are issued by the City of Orlando Parking Division. For more information contact 407.246.2155.