- Check to see if your address falls within the City of Orlando jurisdiction using the Orlando Locator.
- Look over our Commercial Plans Submittal Checklist and inspection FAQ to make sure you have all the necessary paperwork and fees prepared for your application.
- Fill out the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. (see below for all available permit applications)
- Once received, you will be invited to create an account to submit your plans, via our Digital Plans Review.
- If approved, you will receive an email with your permit attached. Print it out and post it at your work site.
- Plans Review Timeline
- Commercial Development Fees
- Demolition Permits We now require 4 complete collated copies of a narrative explaining the demolition details and a demo site plan for both residential and commercial demolitions.
- Building Permits
- Electrical Permits
- Mechanical Permits
- Plumbing Permits
- Private Provider Information and Form
- Fire Permits
- Permits for Site Work
- Accessory Structures
- Miscellaneous Information
What is an Expired Permit?
The initial life of a permit is good for 180 days, but it will expire if no activity or approved inspections have happened for more than 6 months.
Why is this important?
Any open/expired permits may cause delays with future closings and sale of property, inspections, title searches, etc.
- Fees – Commercial Development – Fee schedule for all City of Orlando fees related to commercial development.
- Orange County School Impact Fees Effective October 1, 2016 – Information on upcoming changes of School Impact Fees.
- Concurrency Management Application – Any new development, change of use and residential subdivision requires an application.
- Impact Fees – Any construction work and change of uses/occupancies may require payment of impact fees.
- Commercial Plans Submittal Checklist
- Building Permit Application – Please note, the owners notarized signature or notarized signature of the owners Power of Attorney, is required upon submitting a permit application
- Digital Signature Delivery Form – An original copy of this form is required to be submitted in person to the Permitting Services Division or via mail to 400 South Orange Avenue, First Floor, Orlando, Fl, 32802-4990.
- General Applicable Codes: Applicable Codes Drawings submitted for review will be reviewed using the following codes.
- Commercial Revision Request – This form must be completed with all revisions.
- Contractor Registration – All contractors obtaining permits for work being performed in the City must register with the City of Orlando.
- Change of Contractor Application – Request a change of contractor for your project.
- Owner/Builder Declaration – This form is utilized when the property owner chooses to act as the contractor.
- Notice of Commencement– The Notice of Commencement form is required when the proposed job exceeds $2,500.
- Special Power of Attorney – A Special Power of Attorney is required when the licensed contractor chooses to authorize others to obtain permits under their name.
- Overtime Inspection Request Procedure
- Commercial Re-Roof Information Sheet – This form is needed to apply for a re-roof permit along with the Building Permit Application and an Inspection Affidavit.
- Building and Fire Codes Board of Appeal Application
- Commercial Landscape Plans Worksheet
- Inspection Affidavit
- Electrical Plan Review Checklist
- Electrical Permit Application – Blank
- Electrical Revision Request – This form must be completed with all revisions.
- Low Voltage Security Alarm Application – This form is required for all security alarms.
- Notice of Commencement – The Notice of Commencement form is required when the proposed job exceeds $2,500.
- Solar Plans Submittal Checklist
- Commercial Rough-In Inspection Checklist
- Commercial Hood Rough-In Inspection Checklist
- Boiler Inspection Checklist
- Commercial Hood Checklist
- Commercial Refrigeration System Inspection Checklist
- Notice of Commencement – The Notice of Commencement form is not required to repair/replace an existing heating or AC system in an amount less than $5,000.
- Mechanical Revision Request – This form must be completed with all revisions.
- Mechanical Permit Application
- Mechanical Plan Review Checklist
- Commercial Pressure Test Inspection
- Commercial Hood Final Inspection Checklist
- Commercial Final Inspection Checklist
- Plumbing / Gas Permit Application
- Plumbing Revision Request – This form must be completed with all revisions.
- Inspection Requirements Checklist for Plumbing, Gas, Medical Gas and Irrigation
- Solar Plans Submittal Checklist For Solar Thermal or Solar Photovoltaic
- Fire Permit Process Information Sheets
- Fire Plans Review Checklist
- Fire Permit Application
- Fire Revision Request – This form must be completed with all revisions.
- Fire Inspection Checklist
- Fire Permits Brochure
- Fire Safety Inspection Request
PERMITS FOR SITE WORK
- Engineering Permit – To submit for an engineering permit, a building permit application is needed with site work noted as the subtype. An Engineering permit is required when exterior improvements are proposed such as a driveways, parking lots, stormwater ponds, etc.
- Engineering Inspections Checklist
- Fixed Asset Form
- Maintenance Agreement – Cashiers Check
- Maintenance Agreement – Certificate of Deposit
- Maintenance Bond
- Performance Agreement – Cashiers Check
- Performance Agreement – Certificate of Deposit
- Performance Letter of Credit
- Performance Bond
- Private Improvements Cost Sheet – InteractivePublic Improvements Cost Sheet – Interactive
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control for Construction Sites – *This document is required to be submitted for any engineering permit.
A right-of-way permit is needed when any portion of a project is conducted in the City’s Right-of-Way.
- Right-of-Way Plans Submittal Checklist
- Communications Services Provider Registration Form
- Right-of-Way Letter of Credit
- Right-of-Way Permit Application
- Temporary ROW Encroachment Permit App 2016
- Right-of-Way Pavers Agreement – This agreement is needed when pavers are placed in the City right-of-way.
- City Services Easement Form for Individual
- City Services Easement Form for Corporation
- Tree Removal/Encroachment Permit – Permits are required for the removal of trees. These permits are handled through the Parks Department at 407.246.2287.
- Sidewalk Cafe Permit Application – A sidewalk cafe permit (SWC) is required when tables and chairs are proposed in the City right-of-way.
- Outdoor Loud Speaker Permit Application
- Sign Permit Information and Checklist
- Accessory Structures Information Brochure
- Accessory Structure Application Checklist
- Digital Billboard Checklist
- Fence and Wall Checklist
- Downtown Appearance Review Board – If your project is in the Downtown Community Redevelopment Area [CRA] it will require a review by the Appearance Review Official and/or Board, unless the project site is inside of a Historic District within the CRA, which will require a Historic Preservation Board review.
- Historic Preservation Board – If your property is within a historic preservation district, it will require a review by the Historic Preservation Officer and/or Board.
- Temporary Construction Office Trailer Checklist Application Checklist: On Site
- Moving Permit Application – A moving permit is required when moving a structure (building) from one location to another.
- Freight Zone Permit – Freight Zone permits are issued for loading and unloading purposes. These permits are issued by the City of Orlando Parking Division. For more information contact 407.246.2155.