(One and two-family dwellings)
Are you considering an addition to your home or merely installing a fence? Most exterior and interior improvements performed on your home require a permit from the City of Orlando. All construction-related permits are handled through the City of Orlando’s Permitting Services Division. If you are unsure as to whether you need permits or you need assistance with setbacks, height restrictions or any development-related questions, please call the Permitting Services Division at 407.246.2271. The information below is a collection of forms, fees and information that you will need as you move forward with your residential project.
- Fees – Residential Development - Fee schedule for all City of Orlando fees related to residential development.
- Impact Fees – Construction of a new home may require payment of impact fees.
- Demolition Permit Information - Demolition permit applications are not available online.
- Residential Plans Submittal Checklist and FAQ
- Building Permit Application (Blank Form)
- Building Permit Application (Interactive Form)
- Owner/Builder Declaration - This form is required when the property owner chooses to act as the contractor.
- Residential Revision Request - This form must be completed with all revisions.
- Notice of Commencement - The Notice of Commencement form is required when the proposed job exceeds $2,500.
- Scope of Work - This form is necessary for minor repairs/alterations where no plans are required.
- Residential Re-Roof Information Form - This form is needed to apply for a re-roof permit, along with a Building Permit application and an Inspection Affidavit.
- Inspection Affidavit
- Residential Swimming Pool, Spa, and Hot Tub - This form, along with a building permit application, is required for a swimming pool, spa and/or hot tub.
- Certificate of Occupancy/Completion Application - A Certificate of Occupancy/Completion is utilized at the completion of the project – once all final inspections are approved.
- Electrical Permit Application (Blank Form)
- Electrical Permit Application (Interactive Form)
- Electrical Revision Request - This form must be completed with all revisions.
- Low Voltage Security Alarm Application – This is form is required for all security alarms.
- Homeowner Electrical Declaration - This form is utilized when the property owner chooses to act as the contractor.
- Mechanical Permit Application (Blank Form)
- Mechanical Permit Application (Interactive Form)
- Owner/Builder Declaration for Mechanical Permit - This form is utilized when the property owner chooses to act as the contractor.
- Mechanical Revision Request - This form must be completed with all revisions.
- Residential Rough-In Inspection for New & Existing Construction Checklist
- Residential Final Inspection for New & Existing Construction Checklist
- Plumbing / Gas Permit Application (Blank Form)
- Plumbing / Gas Permit Application (Interactive Form)
- Owner/Builder Declaration for Plumbing Permit - This form is utilized when the property owner chooses to act as the contractor.
- Plumbing Revision Request - This form must be completed with all revisions.
Permits for Site Work
- Engineering Permit – Engineering permit is needed when exterior improvements are proposed such as a driveway, pavers and curb cut.
- Private Improvements Cost Sheet (blank)
- Private Improvements Cost Sheet (interactive)
- Public Improvements Cost Sheet (blank)
- Public Improvements Cost Sheet (interactive)
- Fixed Asset Form
- Maintenance Agreement – Cashier Check
- Maintenance Agreement – Credit of Deposit
- Maintenance Bond
- Performance Agreement Credit of Deposit
- Performance Agreement – Cashier Check
- Performance Letter of Credit
- Performance Bond
- Right-of-Way Pavers Agreement - This agreement is needed when pavers are placed in the City right-of-way – for example, driveway approach.
- City Services Easement Form for Individual
- Tree Removal/Encroachment Permit - Permits are required for the removal of trees. These permits are handled through the Parks Department 407.246.4047.
- Residential Swimming Pool & Spa Inspection Checklist
- Accessory Structures Checklist
- Accessory Structure Brochure
- Fences and Walls Checklist
- Fences and Walls Brochure
- Historic Preservation Board - If your property is within a historic preservation district, it will require a review by the Historic Preservation Officer and/or Board.
- Historic Preservation Board Brochure
- HPB Reference Guide
- HPB 2014 Meeting Schedule
- HPB March 2014 Agenda
- Group Housing Facility
- Residential Social Service Facility – Used to document approval of a residential social service facility (RSS). There is no application for this permit.
- Moving Permit - A moving permit is required when moving a structure (house) from one location to another.