National Night Out is an annual event that helps to increase Neighborhood Watch participation by promoting the work that police, fire, residents and businesses do together to make Orlando neighborhoods safer and better places to live. Tuesday, October 3, is America’s night to give crime and drugs a going away party. Here are the top 10 reasons you should host a National Night Out Party:
- Have fun!
- It’s a great way to meet your neighbors.
- Gives you the opportunity to organize a Neighborhood Watch program on your street.
- Increases the sense of belonging in your neighborhood.
- It’s a platform for sharing crime prevention and safety information with your neighbors.
- Presents the opportunity to start a neighborhood email directory.
- Start a tradition.
- Connect you with your neighborhood police officers and City commissioner.
- Great way to discover your neighborhoods’ hidden talents (e.g. dance, music, etc.).
- Helps you make community connections.
Learn how to host your own National Night Out party on Tuesday, October 3, 2017.
Available in: Spanish