Each step in the process is contingent upon successful completion of the preceding step.
- Complete the “Police Officer Pre-application” on the City of Orlando’s Job page
- If selected, you will receive an email with a link to pay a $30.00 application fee, and follow the directions to the next step
- Complete the “Police Officer “ application on the City of Orlando’s Job page
- Your application will be reviewed and considered for competitiveness against all other applicants
- If you are selected , you will be scheduled to take the Civil Service Exam
- If you successfully pass the Civil Service Exam , you will be scheduled to take the Physical Agility Test the next day
- Upon successful completion of the Physical Agility Test, your application file will be reviewed to determine if you are competitive. those who are deemed to be competitive, will move forward to a Panel Interview
- The Panel Interview will be scheduled after the Physical Agility Test for out of state applicants. those who live in state will be contacted within 3 weeks to schedule a panel interview by the recruiting staff
- Intensive background investigation
- If chosen for presentation you , you will be interviewed by the Chief of Police and his Staff
- Upon receiving a Conditional Offer of Employment, you will take a second polygraph, second physical abilities test,complete medical, and a psychological exam
The hiring process may take between 6 months to a year to complete.
Available in: Spanish