Incident: Central Florida Arson Fires
Due to the large amount of arson fires occurring in the City of Orlando, and other local jurisdictions, the Orlando Police and Fire Departments have organized a multiple agency task force. The main objective is for the investigators to share any arson related information which may be useful identifying and apprehending an arson suspect(s).
The multi-agency task force consists of the following:
- Orlando Fire Department Arson Investigators
- Orlando Police Department Investigators
- The State Fire Marshal
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement
- Daytona Beach Police Department
- Sanford Police Department
- Seminole County Sheriff’s Office
Since the month of April 2014, the City of Orlando has responded to 16 suspicious fires, particularly in the Downtown area. The City of Sanford reported 10, and 3 in Daytona Beach. Each fire appeared to occur between the hours of 8 p.m. and 7 a.m., Thursday through Sunday.
Anyone with information as to the identity of the suspect is asked to call Crimeline at 1-800-423-TIPS. Callers can remain anonymous and receive a cash reward.