Registration for block party is currently closed.
Registration for NNO Goes to Church is currently closed.
- All street closures are paid for by the Orlando Police Department if you submit your Special Event Permit before September 17, 2018. Note: You do not have to close your street to have a successful National Night Out Event.
- Orlando’s National Night Out Theme: Making Neighborhoods Out Priority
- NNO Newbie Party Package – this special bonus package will be given to all first time NNO participants. Your newbie party package will contain cups, plates, plastic utensils, napkins, a plastic tablecloth and garbage bags.
- Early Registration – You may complete your registration here or call the Neighborhood Watch Unit at 407.246.2369, and a registration packet will be mailed to you. Submit your registration form by September 07, 2018 and receive an entry into the grand prize drawing.
- National Night Out Block Party Package – NNO banner, NNO balloons, NNO T-shirts and other party supplies will be given to each registered NNO party.
- All parties registered by September 07, 2018 are guaranteed to receive a Party Package. Registrations received after this date will be issued a Party Package on a first come, first served basis while supplies last.
- Party Package Pick Up – Pick up your NNO Party Package from the Orlando Police Headquarters (1250 W. South St.) using the following pick up schedule:
Sunday, September 16, 1 – 4 p.m.
Monday, September 17, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Tuesday, September 18, 2 – 7 p.m.
Wednesday, September 19, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
|NNO Planning Week||NNO Kickoff Party with Commissioner Ortiz|
|NNO Kickoff Party with Commissioner Stuart||NNO Main Event Day|
|NNO Goes to Church|
NNO Block Party Events
National Night Out Planning Week
July 27 – August 2, 2018
This is the time to organize your planning committee and delegate responsibilities. Planning early prevents last-minute rush jobs and increases community involvement. Don’t forget to download this Block Party packet for party ideas and an NNO Evaluation form.
Here are a few suggestions on what should be discussed during planning week:
- How many people should we plan for? Who will get food, drinks, utensils, etc.?
- What kinds of activities will encourage conversation and people getting to know one another?
- What should we do for kids? Games, face painting, piñata, recognition awards for good things they’ve done, coloring center, etc?
- Should we have music? What kind and who will arrange for it?
- Do we want to close the street? If so, who will complete and submit the Special Event Permit Application (Block Party Permit) by the September 17, 2018, deadline?
- Should we make an invitation flyer? Who will do it? Who will get the flyers to the neighbors?
- Do we need the flyer in more than one language? Which language(s) and who will do that?
- How can we grow our party? (invite new streets to participate and/or encourage surrounding neighborhoods to host their own NNO party)
- What will we do if it rains?
- What activities will we have to teach our neighbors about spotting suspicious activity, how and when to report it and other crime prevention tips.
Earn one (1) entry into the grand-prize drawing when you submit photos of your planning week activities. Submissions must be mailed to 1250 W. South Street, Orlando, FL 32805 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 14, 2018.
National Night Out Main Event Day
October 2, 2018
Click here to register and host a block party. If you are closing your street down, please remember to submit Special Event Permit.
For more information email OPDNeighborhoodWatch@cityoforlando.net or call 407.246.2369.
October 2, 2017
Click here to register your church to host its own NNO Block Party. NNO Goes to Church registrants will receive a Block Party Package that includes:
- NNO Banner
- Coloring Books
- NNO T-shirts
- And a host of other materials to help make your party a success
NNO Goes To Church is an opportunity for area churches to work hand in hand with law enforcement in the prevention of crime while at the same time connecting with its surrounding community. Each registered church will host its very own NNO Block Party on the church grounds and will have visits from OPD, OFD and City Commissioners.
A special thank you to Past National Night Out Goes To Church Participants
- Washington Shores Church of Christ
- Audubon Park Covenant Church
- Reeves Memorial United Methodist Church
- Agape Perfecting Praise
- Church of Freewill Deliverance Praise Outreach
- Greater Refuge Memorial
- Livingston Street Church of God
- Sinai Seventh Day
- John Baptist Church
- John Missionary Baptist Church
- El Bethel Temple
- Pleasant Missionary Baptist Church
For more information or help in planning your block party for the 35th annual National Night Out on October 2, 2018, contact your Neighborhood Watch Specialist:
Commissioner Districts 2 & 3
Commissioner Districts 1 &4
Commissioner District 5 & 6
This page available in: Spanish