- All street closures are paid for by the Orlando Police Department if you submit your Special Event Permit before September 08, 2017. Note: You do not have to close your street to have a successful National Night Out Event.
- Orlando’s National Night Out Theme: Giving Crime and Drugs a Going Away Party
- NNO Newbie Party Package – this special bonus package will be given to all first time NNO participants. Your newbie party package will contain cups, plates, plastic utensils, napkins, a plastic table cloth and garbage bags.
- Early Registration – You may complete your registration here or call the Neighborhood Watch Unit at 407.246.2369, and a registration packet will be mailed to you. Submit your registration form by September 08, 2017 and receive an entry into the grand prize drawing.
- National Night Out Block Party Package – NNO banner, NNO balloons, NNO T-shirts and other party supplies will be given to each registered NNO party.
- All parties registered by September 08, 2017 are guaranteed to receive a Party Package. Registrations received after this date will be issued a Party Package on a first come, first served basis while supplies last.
- Party Package Pick Up – Pick up your NNO Party Package from the Orlando Police Headquarters (1250 W South St.) using the following pick up schedule:
Tuesday, September 12, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesday, September 13, 2 – 7 p.m.
Thursday, September 14, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday, September 16, 2 – 4 p.m.
|NNO Planning Week||NNO Kickoff Party with Commissioner Ortiz|
|NNO Kickoff Party with Commissioner Stuart||NNO Main Event Day|
|NNO Goes to Church|
NNO Block Party Events
National Night Out Planning Week
July 23 – July 29, 2017
This is the time to organize your planning committee and delegate responsibilities. Planning early prevents last minute rush jobs and increases community involvement. Don’t forget to download this Block Party packet for party ideas and an NNO Evaluation form.
Here are a few suggestions on what should be discussed during planning week:
- How many people should we plan for? Who will get food, drinks, utensils, etc.?
- What kinds of activities will encourage conversation and people getting to know one another?
- What should we do for kids? Games, face painting, piñata, recognition awards for good things they’ve done, coloring center, etc?
- Should we have music? What kind and who will arrange for it?
- Do we want to close the street? If so, who will complete and submit the Special Event Permit Application (Block Party Permit) by the September 8, 2017 deadline?
- Should we make an invitation flyer? Who will do it? Who will get the flyers to the neighbors?
- Do we need the flyer in more than one language? Which language(s) and who will do that?
- How can we grow our party? (invite new streets to participate and/or encourage surrounding neighborhoods to host their own NNO party)
- What will we do if it rains?
- What activities will we have to teach our neighbors about spotting suspicious activity, how and when to report it and other crime prevention tips.
Earn one (1) entry into the grand-prize drawing when you submit photos of your planning week activities. Submissions must be mailed to 1250 W. South Street, Orlando, FL 32805 or emailed to email@example.com by August 14, 2017.
National Night Out Kickoff Party with Commissioner Tony Ortiz
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
6 – 8:30 p.m.
5660 Curry Ford Road
Orlando, Fl 32822
This is a free block party open to the public. Food and live entertainment will be provided. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407.246.2899.
National Night Out Kickoff Party with Commissioner Robert Stuart
Thursday, September 28, 2017
6 –8:30 p.m.
This is a free block party open to the public. Food and live entertainment will be provided. For more information email email@example.com or call 407.246.4059.
National Night Out Main Event Day
For more information email OPDNeighborhoodWatch@cityoforlando.net or call 407.246.2369.
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
Click here to register your church to host its own NNO Block Party. NNO Goes to Church registrants will receive a Block Party Package that includes:
- NNO Banner
- Coloring Books
- NNO T-shirts
- And host of other materials to help make your party a success
For more information or help in planning your block party for the 34th annual National Night Out on October 3, 2017, contact your Neighborhood Watch Specialist:
Commissioner Districts 2 & 3
Commissioner Districts 1 &4
Commissioner District 5 & 6
This page available in: Spanish