- All street closures are paid for by the Orlando Police Department if you submit your Special Event Permit before September 09, 2016. You do not have to close your street to have a successful National Night Out Event.
- Orlando’s National Night Out Theme: Making Orlando the Safest City in America
- NNO Newbie Party Package – for all first time NNO participants. Your newbie party package will contain cups, plates, plastic utensils, napkins, table cloths and garbage bags.
- Registration – You may complete your registration here or call the Neighborhood Watch Unit at 407.246.2369, and a registration packet will be mailed to you. Submit your registration form by September 09, 2016 and receive an entry into the grand prize drawing.
- National Night Out Block Party Package – NNO banner, NNO balloons and other party supplies
- Register by September 09, 2016 to have your Package delivered to you
- All parties registered by September 09, 2016 are guaranteed to receive a Party Package. Registrations received after this date will be issued a Party Package on a first come, first served basis while supplies last.
- If you register after September 09, 2016 you will need to pick up your Party Package from the Orlando Police Headquarters (100 S. Hughey Ave.) using the following pick up schedule:
Monday, September 12, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Tuesday, September 13, 2 – 7 p.m.
Wednesday, September 14, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Thursday, September 15, 2 – 7 p.m.
|NNO Planning Week||NNO Kickoff Party in SODO|
|NNO Main Event Day||NNO Goes to Church|
NNO Block Party Events
National Night Out Planning Week
July 24 – July 30, 2016
This is the time to organize your planning committee and delegate responsibilities. Planning early prevents last minute rush jobs and increases community involvement. Don’t forget to download this Block Party packet for party ideas and an NNO Evaluation form.
Here are a few suggestions on what should be discussed during planning week:
- How many people should we plan for? Who will get food, drinks, utensils, etc.?
- What kinds of activities will encourage conversation and people getting to know one another?
- What should we do for kids? Games, face painting, piñata, recognition awards for good things they’ve done, coloring center, etc?
- Should we have music? What kind and who will arrange for it?
- Do we want to close the street? If so, who will complete and submit the Special Event Permit Application (Block Party Permit) by the July 23, 2016 deadline?
- Should we make an invitation flyer? Who will do it? Who will get the flyers to the neighbors?
- Do we need the flyer in more than one language? Which language(s) and who will do that?
- How can we grow our party? (invite new streets to participate and/or encourage surrounding neighborhoods to host their own NNO party)
- What will we do if it rains?
- What activities will we have to teach our neighbors about spotting suspicious activity, how and when to report it and other crime prevention tips.
Earn one (1) entry into the grand-prize drawing when you submit photos of your planning week activities. Submissions must be mailed to P.O. Box 913, Orlando, FL 32802 or emailed to email@example.com by August 12, 2016.
National Night Out Kickoff Party in SODO
Monday, October 3, 2016
6 – 8:30 p.m.
120 W. Grant Street
Orlando, Fl 32806
This is a free block party open to the public. Food and live entertainment will be provided. For more information email OPDNeighborhoodWatch@cityoforlando.net or call 407.246.2369.
National Night Out Main Event Day
Tuesday, October 4, 2016
For more information email OPDNeighborhoodWatch@cityoforlando.net or call 407.246.2369.
Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Click here to register your church to host its own NNO Block Party. NNO Goes to Church registrants will receive a Block Party Package that includes:
- NNO Banner
- Coloring Books
For more information or help in planning your block party for the 33rd annual National Night Out on October 4, 2016, contact your Neighborhood Watch Specialist:
Commissioner Districts 2 & 3
Commissioner Districts 1 &4
Commissioner District 5 & 6
Available in: Spanish