Free Women’s Self-Defense Training
Free Women’s Self Defense Class
Open to females 18 or older. Under 18, must be accompanied by a parent. women
- CANCELED – Check back for rescheduled date and time. May 23, 6 – 8 p.m., Village Walk @ Lake Nona, 8524 Insular Lane, Orlando, FL 32827
- June 5, 2018, 6 – 8 p.m., Wadeview Neighborhood Center, 2177 S. Summerlin Ave., Orlando 32806
- June 12, 6 – 8 p.m., Dr. James R. Smith Neighborhood Center, 1723 Bruton Blvd. Orlando, 32805
- June 13, 6 – 8 p.m., Rosemont Neighborhood Center, 4872 Rose Bay Dr., Orlando, FL 32808
- July 10, 6 – 8 p.m., Dover Shores Neighborhood Center, 1400 Gaston Foster Rd, Orlando, FL 32812
- August 15, 6 – 8 p.m., Northwest Neighborhood Center, 3955 W. D. Judge Drive, Orlando, FL 32808
For more information, contact Lauri Brooks at 407.246.2369 or email@example.com
Senior Self Defense Class
Open to men and women.
- May 22, 1 – 2 p.m. Beardall Senior Center, 800 South Delaney Ave. 32801
NNO Teen Police and Fire Academy
Monday, June 11 – Thursday, June 21, 2018
Orlando Police Department Headquarters
1250 W. South St.
Orlando, Fl 32805
9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
This free nine-day course will be offered to students enrolled in 10th – 12th grade and aims to foster relationships between the police and fire departments and youth in the community.
The academy will cover:
- Uniform patrol
- Assault & battery
- Fire apparatus
- CPR training
- Drug enforcement
- College preparedness
- Careers in law enforcement and fire safety
- Fire hose training
- K-9, SWAT, Mounted and Motors
For more information – Sonya.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407.246.3939
National Night Out Leaders Training
July 24, 2018
OPD Headquarters, 1250 W. South St., Orlando, FL 32805
6 – 8:30 p.m.
This is an annual training open only to Neighborhood Watch members.
- Cyber Security – Protecting your online information
- NNO Best Practices
- The Do’s & Don’ts of Neighborhood Watch
- SWAT – A Day in the Life of a SWAT Team Member
- Neighborhood Grant Opportunities
A light dinner will be provided
Hispanic Senior Safety Summit
August 1, 2018
10 – 11:30 a.m.
Location: Engelwood Neighborhood Center
Address: 6123 La Costa Dr., Orlando 32807
This summit offers an opportunity for Spanish speaking seniors and supportive Spanish speaking police officers to collaborate and prevent crimes against seniors in Orlando. OPD, OFD and Family, Parks and Recreation will cover a variety of subjects to include, but not limited to Hands-Only CPR, Residential and Personal Safety and Preventing Identity Theft. Pastries, coffee and fruit will be provided.
Senior Safety Summit
Senior Safety Summits offer an opportunity for seniors and supportive police officers to collaborate and prevent crimes against seniors in Orlando. OPD, OFD and other organizations will cover a variety of subjects to include, but not limited to Hands-Only CPR, Residential and Personal Safety and Preventing Identity Theft.
Check back for multiple dates, times and locations.
National Night Out Shred Event
Looking for a free, safe way to get rid of your personal documents? SHRED IT AND FORGET IT!
Check back for date, time and location.
National Night Out Day of Prayer
Location: Orlando Police Headquarters
Address: 1250 W. South Street, Orlando 32805
In an effort to collaborate with the faith community, all church leaders are invited to meet with Mayor Buddy Dyer and Chief John W. Mina for a time of prayer. During this meeting, a diverse group of clergyman will pray for our elected officials, first responders, military and the nation. All churches in Central Florida are invited to participate.
Check back for date and time.
For more information – email@example.com, 407.246.3689
National Night Out Main Event Day
Tuesday, October 2, 2018
Host your own National Night Out block party. If you are closing your street down, please remember to submit Special Event Permit.
For more information email OPDNeighborhoodWatch@cityoforlando.net or call 407.246.2369.
Tuesday, October 2, 2018
NNO Goes To Church is an opportunity for area churches to work hand in hand with law enforcement in the prevention of crime while at the same time connecting with its surrounding community. Each registered church will have visits from OPD, OFD and City Commissioners.
Register your church to host its own National Night Out Block Party. NNO Goes to Church registrants will receive a Block Party Package that includes:
- NNO Banner
- Coloring Books
- NNO T-shirts
- And a host of other materials to help make your party a success
For more information email Georgeanna.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407.246.3628.
For more information or help in planning your block party for the 35th annual National Night Out, contact your Neighborhood Watch Specialist:
Commissioner Districts 2 & 3
Commissioner Districts 1 &4
Commissioner District 5 & 6
This page available in: Spanish