- Must be at least 21 years of age to apply
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, although a college degree is preferred.
- Good work history
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the military
- Valid driver’s license for at least 1 year from date of application with a good driving record
- No felony convictions
- No misdemeanor convictions involving moral character, false statements, or domestic violence
- No pending criminal charges
- No illegal drug use for last 3 years. Other drug history will be scrutinized on a case by case basis
- Excellent moral character
- Must pass written exam, physical agility test, panel interview, multiple polygraph exams, background investigation, medical screening and psychological exam
- Excellent physical condition
- Vision correctable to 20/40 in each eye
- All employees hired after October 1, 2005 must reside within thirty-five (35) mile radius of the intersection of Central Boulevard and Orange Avenue, Orlando, Florida 32801. Those hired prior to that date shall live within thirty-five (35) miles or 45 minutes of that intersection.
This page available in: Spanish