- Must be at least 21 years of age to apply
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent, although a college degree is preferred.
- Good work history
- No dishonorable discharge from any branch of the military
- Valid driver’s license for at least 1 year from date of application with a good driving record
- No felony convictions
- No Misdemeanor convictions involving moral character, false statements, or domestic violence
- No pending criminal charges
- No illicit drug use for last 3 years. Other drug history will be scrutinized on a case by case basis
- Excellent moral character
- Must pass written exam, physical agility test, panel interview, multiple polygraph exams, background investigation, medical screening and psychological exam
- Excellent physical condition
- Vision correctable to 20/40 in each eye
- All employees hired after October 1, 2005 must reside within thirty-five (35) mile radius of the intersection of Central Boulevard and Orange Avenue, Orlando, Florida 32801. Those hired prior to that date shall live within thirty-five (35) miles or 45 minutes of that intersection.
Physical Assessment Test Requirements
1.5 Mile Run: Complete a 1.5 mile run in less than 14 minutes.
- NO WALKING PERMITTED! If you walk, you will be disqualified.
- Participants cannot use any iPods, MP3 players, Walkmans, etc.
- We require 100% effort. Finish at your fastest time.
- There will be no stopping once the run has begun. If you stop for any reason, the test will be over.
Push-ups: Complete as many push-ups as you can in one minute
- Participant will start in the up, plank position. The plank position is defined as the legs and upper body being in a straight, linear line. Arms will be no more than shoulder width apart and feet must touch.
- Arms must be locked out in full extension in the up position.
- If the participant must rest, they will do so in the up, plank position.
- If any body part other than hands or feet touch the mat (knees, head, elbow, stomach, etc.), the exercise is finished.
Sit-ups: Complete as many sit-ups as you can in one minute
- Participant will start with their knees bent, buttocks, feet and back on the ground (partner can hold participant’s feet). Hands will be interlocked behind the head. Fingers must stay tightly interlocked behind the head at all times.
- Hands must stay interlocked behind the head. Participant will move up with both elbows simultaneously touch both knees.
- Buttocks and feet must remain on the floor at all times (no kipping).
- Shoulder blades must touch mat in the down position.
- If the participant rests, they must do so in the up position.
This page available in: Spanish