The Orlando Police Department Traffic Enforcement Section consists of three Traffic Units: Traffic Homicide Unit, School Crossing Guards and Marine Patrol Unit (Labor Day to Memorial Day).
The Traffic Homicide Unit specializes in:
- Investigating traffic crashes involving a death or serious bodily injury where death is likely
- Conducting follow-up investigation on all hit and run crashes with investigative leads
- Using traffic surveys, crash report data and information from the community to identify roadways in need of traffic enforcement
- Participating in statewide safety campaigns including Click It or Ticket, Best Foot Forward and Over the Limit, Under Arrest
- Conducting escorts for the President of the United States and other federal, state and local officials
- Managing traffic operations for major sporting events including Orlando Magic, Orlando Solar Bears, Russell Athletic Bowl and Capital One Bowl game
- To contact Traffic Enforcement, please call 407.246.2442
*Note, if you are looking to pay for or view a red light citation, please visit the City of Orlando’s “Orlando STOPS” page.