Keep Orlando Beautiful
Keep Orlando Beautifulís mission includes education of children and
adults on the importance of recycling.
Orlando residents have expressed frustration at their inability
to recycle at public parks and venues, such as events and festivals that
generate large volumes of recyclable materials.
In an effort to make recycling more available, Keep Orlando
Beautiful (KOB) has started an event recycling program titled,
The funds to start this program
were acquired through a $10,000 Green Grant from Waste Management.
With the grant funds, KOB was able to purchase 100 Clear Stream
recycling racks, bags, transporter carts, educational pieces,
promotional buttons and a pull behind trailer. The trailer is a
traveling recycling kit and makes event recycling easy and convenient.
This is a new program that
officially started in October of 2009. You will start seeing
recycling at local events in Orlando! Thank you for utilizing the
bins and making this program a success. Thanks for helping us
spread the word...
Event Coordinators and Promoters--Want to Recycle at Your
What (we) Keep Orlando Beautiful will provide...
- Clear Stream Recycling Bins, which are easy to transport, set
up, and maintain
(up to 100 available)
- Clear bags (must use provided bags only)
- Bin transporter to easily move bins around the event
- Buttons to give away to guests to promote recycling
- Educational signs to attach to bins (required)
- Sponsorship templates for signs to attach to bins (optional)
- Hand sanitizer
- Hauling of recyclables
- Guidelines and basic information on how to successfully recycle
at your event
- Central location to pick up supplies or have them delivered in a
pull behind trailer (depends on size and location of event--must be
within City limits)
What (you) the event coordinator/ promoter must provide...
- Volunteers or crew to set up, maintain, and collect bins
- Small donation for use of supplies (if applicable, depending on
the size of the event)
- Small deposit for bins in case lost or damaged
- Meet all City permit requirements, if any (18-A, Lake Eola, etc)
- Complete a
Reservation Form (includes additional information)
- Complete a
Checklist Form (to be completed at time of pick up or delivery
and return of supplies)
- Read the
Helpful Hints and Guidelines document
Step one is to complete the Reservation Form (click on the link
above). Our supplies are reserved on a first come, first served
basis. We recommend you complete the form and/or contact us as
soon as possible. We also need adequate time to coordinate the
efforts to make sure recycling is a success at your event. We will
discuss your event with you and determine your needs. Our goal is
to make recycling as easy as possible!
Event goer's...start looking for recycling bins at Orlando events.
If you don't see any, feel free to mention this program to the staff.
Ready to recycle?
Please feel free
to contact KOB with any questions or concerns
Thank you for recycling!!!
Keep Orlando Beautiful Home Page