Designers, Artists and Fashionistas!
Applications are now being accepted
for Orlando’s debut recycled fashion show, TRASH 2 TRENDS! We are
looking to you to create runway looks from items headed to the landfill
or recycling facility. These fashions will be showcased at our runway
show on Saturday, February 1, 2014 in Downtown Orlando and voted on by a
panel of judges.
Be part of a real runway fashion show
- Winning looks, including the model and designer,
will be displayed in Orlando Magazine’s April, 2014 issue!
- Support the local creative and environmental
community – this is a fundraiser for Keep Orlando Beautiful, Inc.!
- Show off your creative chops!
- Have a ton of fun!
More details provided upon selection
- Materials must be "trash," items headed to the
landfill or recycling facility.
- Binding techniques such as sewing, glue, tape,
and wire are allowed.
- Materials can be written on, printed on, painted
on, dyed, manipulated, etc.
- Zippers, buttons, fasteners are permitted.
- If your fashion includes accessories (bags, hats,
belts, etc.) they must follow the guidelines as well.
- Consider the “wearability” of your look when a
model is wearing it and walking down a runway.
- Your design will have width limits, which will be
provided in the design criteria sheet.
- Be wildly creative! Make wearable fashion from
discarded items! Stretch your thinking about how fashion can be more
How it Works
Designs may be for men or women
- Designs will be showcased by runway models.
- We encourage you to invite your friend, mother,
father, son to be your model! We will coach them for walking down
the runway, but a model can be provided if needed.
- Designers and models must be 21 or older.
Design judging categories will be Top Design, Avante Garde, Most
Wearable and Audience Choice.
Click here to
download the application.
Trash 2 Trends Home