Rainfall Data for the City of Orlando
Directions for Accessing Rainfall and Lake Elevation Data
Praxis Software's SensorActive solution was introduced and implemented at various lakes within the City of Orlando in 2004. Since that time, the system has been expanded and used for hydrological monitoring at 70 sites, covering a majority of the City's lakes. SensorActive has helped the City's Stormwater Section gather important data on rainfall and its effects on lake elevations to assist with flooding concerns and complaints, and future modeling for stormwater improvement projects. Interested parties can access Summary Reports through the use of telemetry (Wireless Sensor Nodes) installed at each site to view lake elevations and rainfall. To retrieve data on the SensorActive Water Management System website, please use the following steps:
1. Click on http://hydro.weatheractive.net:8081/
2. The SensorActive Water Management System Home Page for the general public will appear in your Web browser screen. NOTE: The "Login" feature is designated for select City of Orlando employees for expanded reporting features. Access to abbreviated reports is still available to the general public without the Login process.
3. Move your cursor to the Reports tab.
4. There are four Summary Report selections: Hourly Summary, Daily Summary, Monthly Summary, and Annual Summary.
Choose the type of report you wish to view by moving your cursor down and selecting the desired report.
5. When the report screen is displayed, you may select which type of data is obtained from the Select Parameter pull-down menu. NOTE: when choosing a parameter with Rainfall or Storm data, only the 18 stations with rain gauge equipment will appear. When choosing the Level parameter, all 70 stations will appear.
6. For site location, use the Select Location pull-down menu to choose a single location or, by holding down the Ctrl key for choosing multiple location(s).
7. Select a date range by clicking on the calendar button.
8. When choosing the Daily Report for rainfall or level information, a Filter option can be selected by choosing a more refined search for specific rainfall amounts or elevations.
9. Click the View Summary Report and the appropriate Summary Report will pop up in a separate window.
Note: For large date ranges and/or multiple locations, the Summary Report may take a while to load and display.
For further technical assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Historical statistics are based on over 50 years of data obtained from the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) recorded at the Orlando International Airport (OIA) and data collected by the City of Orlando Stormwater Utility.
For more specific data, please call 407-246-3078 or email.