Over the next few months we will be transitioning to weekly recycling and garbage collection. To find your collection day, please use the Orlando Information Locator. Simply enter your address and select “Solid Waste Pickup” (left-hand side of the screen).
- Garbage must be placed in carts provided by the City (request one now)
- All household garbage should be bagged and placed inside the cart
- Do not overload the cart or place items on top of the cart
- For curb collection, carts should be placed at least two feet from obstacles, e.g. mailboxes, utility boxes, trees and shrubs
- Place the cart at the curb with the handle and the wheels facing the house
- Carts may be placed curbside between 5 p.m. the night before collection and 6 a.m. on the day of collection
- Carts must be removed from the curb by the morning after your collection. Carts left on the curb the morning after the scheduled pickup may result in a $25 fee
- Do not place hazardous waste, such as cleaning materials, oil, paint, pesticides or medical waste in the cart.
- Holiday pick up
- Garbage and recycling are picked up on all holidays, except Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Christmas tree disposal – remove all decorations, place tree curbside on regular yard waste day. If tree is more than six feet tall, please cut it in half
- Stolen garbage cart
- Fill out an online police report at cityoforlando.net/police
- Once you have a case number, please call 407.246.2314 to request a new cart
- Start/stop garbage collection
- All collection accounts are handled by OUC, call 407.423.9018 or go online at ouc.com
- Garbage collection fee
- Fees are billed by OUC and listed on customers’ monthly utility bill. The standard monthly residential fee for solid waste pick up is currently $19.28
Your yard waste is collected once per week. To find your collection day, please use the Orlando Information Locator. Simply enter your address and select “Solid Waste Pickup” (left-hand side of the screen).
- Yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves, branches and twigs. Yard waste does not include landscape ties, fences or landscape pressure treated wood
- Yard waste must be bagged or tied in bundles that must not exceed 40 pounds each
- Large branches must not exceed four feet in length, four inches in diameter and 40 pounds in weight. Branches must also be bundled and tied
- A maximum of four cubic yards per week will be collected. Four cubic yards equals a stack four feet high, four feet wide and seven feet long or approximately 30 bags
- This is equal to the size of a Volkswagen Beetle
- Yard waste that exceeds four cubic yards, cannot be bundled or weighs more than 40 pounds is considered a special pick up and may incur an extra charge. Any special pick up will incur a minimum $30 charge. Yard waste that fills a claw truck will incur a $240 charge; half a claw truck will be a $120 charge, etc.
- Yard waste should be placed by the curb prior to 6 a.m. on the residents’ scheduled yard waste pick up day
- Yard waste may not be placed inside the garbage cart. If yard waste is placed in the garbage cart, the cart will not be dumped until the yard waste is removed
For immediate removal needs and claw truck services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
Make an appointment for a large item collection that fits your schedule. Use the tool below to schedule a time.
Safety: It is required to remove all doors from refrigerators and freezers before placing on the curb, this is to ensure children do not become trapped inside the appliances.
- If cans are opened, cleaned out and any leftover paint is dry, you may place these cans in your garbage carts
- Wet paint and other hazardous material can be taken to specific Orange County locations.
Household Hazardous Material
- Automobile oil
- LP gas bottles
- Electronic equipment
- View other types of hazardous waste
All hazardous material must disposed of at specific Orange County locations.