Your residential garbage is collected twice per week.
Orlando Information Locator – Click here, enter your address and select “Solid Waste Pickup” to find your garbage collection day.
Regulations – Garbage:
- The new automated trucks can only collect garbage in the carts provided by the City of Orlando. (Request a garbage/recycling cart)
- When left at the curb for collection, carts should be placed at least two (2) feet from obstacles such as mailboxes, garages, utility boxes and poles, as well as trees and shrubs.
- All household garbage should be bagged and placed inside the cart to keep the cart clean and prevent it from blowing away when emptied.
- Do not overload the cart or place items on top of the cart.
- Place the cart at the curb with the handle and the wheels facing the house.
- Carts may be placed curbside between the hours of 5 p.m. the night before the scheduled day of collection and 6 a.m. on the day of collection.
- The standard monthly residential fee for solid waste pick up is currently $18.54; it is billed by the Orlando Utilities Commission (OUC) on our customers’ monthly utility bill.
- Carts must be removed from the curb by the morning after your collection. Carts left on the curb the morning after the scheduled pickup may result in a $25 roll back fee.
- Do not place hazardous waste, such as cleaning materials, oil, paint, pesticides or medical waste in the cart.
Email us: SWcustomersvc@cityoforlando.net
Orlando Information Locator – Click here, enter your address and select “Solid Waste Pickup” to find your yard waste collection day.
- Yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves, branches and twigs. Yard waste does not include landscape ties, fences or landscape pressure treated wood.
- Yard waste must be bagged or tied in bundles that must not exceed 40 pounds each.
- Large branches must not exceed four feet in length, four inches in diameter and 40 pounds in weight. Branches must also be bundled and tied.
- A maximum of four (4) cubic yards per week will be collected. Four (4) cubic yards equals a stack four (4) feet high, four (4) feet wide and seven (7) feet long or approximately 30 bags.
- Yard waste that exceeds four cubic yards, cannot be bundled or weighs more than 40 pounds is considered a special pick up and may incur an extra charge. Any special pick up will incur a minimum $30 charge. Yard waste that fills a claw truck will incur a $280.76 charge; half a claw truck will be a $140.38 charge, etc.
- Yard waste should be placed by the curb prior to 6 a.m. on the residents’ scheduled yard waste pick up day.
- Yard waste may not be placed inside the garbage cart. If yard waste is placed in the garbage cart, the cart will not be dumped until the yard waste is removed.