RESIDENTIAL YARD WASTE
Your yard waste is collected once per week.
Place it on the curb prior to 6 a.m. on your pick up date.
To find your collection day enter your address below in our Orlando Collects app. You can also sign up for reminders to put your yard trash out on the correct dates.
HOW DO I PREPARE MY YARD WASTE FOR PICK UP?
Yard waste blown into the street or piled up on curbs, or storm drains, can cause major flooding and pollute our local waters.
Bag or bundle your yard waste for the city to collect and properly dispose of it.
- Yard waste includes only grass clippings, leaves, branches and twigs.
- Yard waste must be bagged or tied in bundles (each can only weigh up to 40 pounds each)
- Large branches can only be four inches in diameter and 40 pounds in weight. Branches must also be bundled and tied
- A maximum of four cubic yards per week will be collected (approximately 30 bags)
- Four cubic yards equals a stack four feet high, four feet wide and seven feet long
- This is equal to the size of a Volkswagen Beetle
- Yard waste does not include landscape ties, fences or landscape pressure treated wood
- Bagged yard waste must not exceed 40 pounds each
- Large branches must not exceed four feet in length
- Yard waste that exceeds four cubic yards, cannot be bundled or weighs more than 40 pounds is considered a special pick up and may incur an extra charge. Any special pick up will incur a minimum $30 charge. Yard waste that fills a claw truck will incur a $240 charge; half a claw truck will be a $120 charge, etc.
- Yard waste may not be placed inside the garbage cart. If yard waste is placed in the garbage cart, the cart will not be dumped until the yard waste is removed
For immediate removal needs and claw truck services, please email email@example.com for a quote.