Bag It, Don’t Blow It!
Did you know that yard waste pollutes our lakes?! When leaves, grass clippings, and other debris from your yard end up in City streets, sidewalks, and storm drains, it eventually will make its way to our lakes. The addition of these materials to the stormwater system and our lakes is detrimental to water quality.
- NEVER allow leaves and grass clippings from your yard to end up in City streets, sidewalks, or storm drains.
- Street sweeping services are designed for natural leaf fall on public streets only….never for residential yard waste!
- Streets, sidewalks and driveways must be kept clear of all yard waste to prevent this debris from entering a curb inlet or storm drain.
- Leaves and Grass Clippings:
- Degrade water quality
- Reduce habitat for fish and wildlife
- Decrease recreational opportunities
Go a step beyond Bag It, Don’t Blow It!
- Receive a FREE composter from the City of Orlando! Leaves and yard debris, along with many other items from your household, can be composted. Turn your waste into rich, useful compost. Receive your free composter by visiting cityoforlando.net/solidwaste/composter.
Mulch It, Don’t Blow It!
- Leaves and yard debris make excellent natural mulch. Because leaves and yard debris contain high quantities of nutrients, they act as a natural fertilizer.
Yard Waste questions? Please refer to cityoforlando.net/solidwaste.
To report any pollution in our streets, storm drains or lakes, please call the Stormwater Hotline: 407.246.2370